cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

155 REPLIES 155

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

lordNaN
I've been here awhile
As a software developer I’d be happy to help, can’t be too hard to implement...

eeto
I've been around

It isn't a matter of how easy the implementation is. Apple Pay takes an extra piece of % and you can guess the rest.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/canada-banks-steep-price-apple-pay/

Pmarcovi
I've been here awhile
All other banks believe that price Is worth it. Rogers bank I think miscalculates how many customers they lose because of this.

AlbertJiang
I plan to stick around
Hope we can get Google pay and Apple pay soon!

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

@RogersCilio wrote:

Hey @TwitchyPuppy,

I can certainly appreciate the convenience and simplicity Apple Pay provides, I don't blame you for inquiring.

I reached out to try and find the answer, here's the response I was given:

"We currently do not support mobile wallets like Apple Pay or Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature as most seem satisfied tapping with their card to pay.

However, we will keep track of every customer who inquires about it and as demand grows among our customers, we will definitely look at offering this service. "

I encourage you and anyone in our Community, interested in seeing Apple Pay come to our Rogers Platinum MasterCard, to provide your feedback HERE!

Kind Regards,
RogersCilio

Any updates?

There's 9 pages of "your cardholders" asking for this feature.

Hey @TwitchyPuppy,

We don't have any further updates as of yet. Please stay tuned to the Community as we'll provide any updates we can pass along as soon as we can.

RogersTim

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Sure!
Although it’s been three years so I won’t hold my breath XD

M2JW
I've been here awhile

Why is this case marked as "solved"?? Apple Pay support finally arrives on Rogers MasterCard????

M2JW
I've been here awhile

Too bad.... We are only the very very few customers asking for it..... No wonder they marked this as "solved"
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 1.06.24 PM.png

pstogios
I'm here a lot
It certainly isn’t “solved” for me. Still not Apple Pay support after years and years. Not a good look, Rogers.

cavityjj
I've been around

Oh really, let's make our team bigger.

+1 on having apple pay for Rogers Mastercard

I plan to stick around

+1 here too. Basically the only hold out for the cards I carry. I'll just use another card going forward. I want convenience and lots of my other cards offer similar features. I'm not surprised though likely Rogers just can't make it work on their existing card platform. I mean currently I can't even see my card statement...there's some system problem. Why would we expect a 'tech company' to have a working Apple Pay system. Just so frustrating I'm done waiting for what is offered by EVERY ONE OF YOUR COMPETITORS... even small credit unions....

Amkof
I've been around

3 Years since this thread started and still waiting. Come on rogers, this and an app are a must. 

Guest99
I've been here awhile
A new cardholder and so far the card works fine. Was reading all the posts here and wanted to get people’s thoughts on this: do you think Rogers is going cheap and lean w their card (ie no app, no apple pay, etc.) because it may be intended to become an Apple Card in the future (or Apple may offer a Canadian version through Rogers?). Wouldn’t they be a good candidate to launch an Apple Card in Canada through?

With Rogers being independent from the big banks and also having a low cost/cashback card, wouldn’t be a dumb move on their part to grab market share.

then again... 😉

Guest99
I've been here awhile

Should be embarrassing that Rogers sells Apple and Android cell phones yet their own cards won't work on them.

I plan to stick around
Would be a novel idea. Although currently they can’t get online statements to work with any Apple browsers. Sooooo ya. Maybe they need to fix some of the basic issues before they try something high tech lol.

I plan to stick around
Totally agree. They should be embarrassed. They can’t even get online Rogers bank credit card statements to display online for Apple based browsers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@2193973 wrote:
...They can’t even get online Rogers bank credit card statements to display online for Apple based browsers.

I can see my statements just fine using Chrome on my Mac Mini (or FF) - using "I Want To" dropdown to - View Statements).  Make sure you don't have anything blocking browser functionality as discussed in the following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

rga1
I've been around

When are you expecting to have Apple Pay on the Rogers Mastercard?

I plan to stick around
Thanks for that. Actually reached out to Rogers and they confirmed it was a system issue they were actively working on.

Seriously? I thought Rogers didn't care to add Apple Pay...