1. As far as rewards I have a number of cards that offer better overall rewards than Rogers depending on where I’m spending.
2. Keep in mind the 4% on f/x transactions was added because now they charge an f/x fee as part of the transaction now. So it’s not 4% it’s closer to 1.5% actually.
3. Scotiabank AMEX Card is 5% groceries, entertainment and restaurants, Uber eats and such . 3% on gas and on things like Netflix and transit. 1% on everything else and they don’t charge me an f/x service fee.
4. they aren’t losing money on their credit Card if they are then they are seriously doing something wrong.
1. There are cards that may offer better (limited) individual rewards, however, none offer better overall rewards.
2. Correct, but most cards are -2.5% (charge 2.5% on ForEx), so the delta to most cards is still 4%.
3. Again, individual examples. If you don't get charged for ForEx with that card, you're still 1.5% less than Rogers.
4. Of course they're not losing money. I just intimated that their margins may be tighter than some other cards in light of the rebates offered.
This thread is over three years old and there's still no Apple Pay or mobile app
I got my Rogers MasterCard last month and was surprised to find that it did not support Apple Pay nor does it have a mobile app (although their website says it has mobile friendly website -- but that's not the same convenience as an app IMO). How many requests does Rogers need to get on board with these now-standard features for a credit card?
They're bloody hypo critics, how many of those awful ads about "Roger's First" only to come out with a card that doesn't support the latest tech. It's outrageous. I'm switching back to PC World Elite. I've given them THREE YEARS I'm done.
Just received my first Rogers Mastercard, the "world elite". . Where is Apple Pay support?! IS THIS A JOKE?!
I see this thread is more than 4 years old, and still no AP support?!
What a joke. Totally useless for me without this feature.
Also, I've been one hold for more than 10 minutes (the automated message said 7)... What was I thinking of trying a Rogers card?! Their customer service is a joke for internet/cable/etc.
Glad there's no fee. This card is going in the garbage.
He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.