05-11-2016 12:47 PM - edited 05-11-2016 12:48 PM
Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?
09-04-2019 09:10 PM
09-05-2019 07:17 AM
09-05-2019 09:58 PM
09-11-2019 03:06 PM
For me, its more than a simple inconvenience. Lost points add up over time. I am an elite card member with both PC and Rogers MasterCard. I chose not to spend PC card anywhere other than superstore. But as I was running my YTD statement from both PC and Rogers, I find that a lot of dollars are spent through Apple Pay using PC MasterCard. Over the last year, this would have given me over 200,000 points with Rogers, where with PC I got about half of that. I love Rogers MasterCard but lacking Mobile Wallet functionality is causing a lot of dollars going to other card providers, at least in my experience.
09-11-2019 08:19 PM
This is exactly the same for me, PC card gets all of my credit card transactions <$100 through Apple Pay.
09-16-2019 03:09 PM
seriously Rogers, get on mobile payment already. there's enough demand.
MBNA, BMO, AMEX: all have apple pay, why can't you?
this "excuse" of insufficient demand is getting old
09-27-2019 10:22 PM
10-10-2019 03:35 PM
10-11-2019 04:23 PM
The only card from the ones I have (credit and debit) that does not support Apple Pay.
Makes me reconsider keeping it...
10-11-2019 05:04 PM
10-11-2019 05:55 PM - edited 10-11-2019 05:58 PM
As mentioned earlier in this thread, it costs money to have this feature. If my rebates were to decrease because of it, I would prefer to keep a higher rebate rate.
Question: Inevitably it may be possible to carry around only a phone, but how many people are able to conduct all their business in this manner and how many people don't have their credit card with them to make payment?
PS. I use Rogers MC for all my credit card purchases, maximizing my rebates and I keep one other card (a no fee Visa) in case there is ever a problem with the Rogers MC or the MasterCard (or Visa) system as there has been occasionally.
10-12-2019 01:14 PM
10-12-2019 02:04 PM - edited 10-12-2019 02:06 PM
Name me one other free card that offers the rebates that Rogers MC does.
1.75% on all purchases
2% on Rogers purchases
4% on Foreign purchases.
That's with the Rogers World Elite. https://www.rogersbank.com/en/
Those other FIs probably had more "headroom" to "eat" the Apple Pay charges. In addition, if they were large FIs (unlike Roges) they may be able to negotiate lower fees, the same way that large merchants pay lower CC fees.
10-12-2019 02:08 PM
10-12-2019 02:13 PM - edited 10-12-2019 02:16 PM
10-12-2019 02:27 PM
10-12-2019 03:00 PM
10-12-2019 04:21 PM
1. As far as rewards I have a number of cards that offer better overall rewards than Rogers depending on where I’m spending.
2. Keep in mind the 4% on f/x transactions was added because now they charge an f/x fee as part of the transaction now. So it’s not 4% it’s closer to 1.5% actually.
3. Scotiabank AMEX Card is 5% groceries, entertainment and restaurants, Uber eats and such . 3% on gas and on things like Netflix and transit. 1% on everything else and they don’t charge me an f/x service fee.
4. they aren’t losing money on their credit Card if they are then they are seriously doing something wrong.
1. There are cards that may offer better (limited) individual rewards, however, none offer better overall rewards.
2. Correct, but most cards are -2.5% (charge 2.5% on ForEx), so the delta to most cards is still 4%.
3. Again, individual examples. If you don't get charged for ForEx with that card, you're still 1.5% less than Rogers.
4. Of course they're not losing money. I just intimated that their margins may be tighter than some other cards in light of the rebates offered.
10-15-2019 07:36 PM - last edited on 10-15-2019 07:41 PM by RogersMaude
This thread is over three years old and there's still no Apple Pay or mobile app
I got my Rogers MasterCard last month and was surprised to find that it did not support Apple Pay nor does it have a mobile app (although their website says it has mobile friendly website -- but that's not the same convenience as an app IMO). How many requests does Rogers need to get on board with these now-standard features for a credit card?
10-21-2019 12:28 PM
11-20-2019 02:18 PM - last edited on 11-20-2019 02:22 PM by RogersMoin
They're bloody hypo critics, how many of those awful ads about "Roger's First" only to come out with a card that doesn't support the latest tech. It's outrageous. I'm switching back to PC World Elite. I've given them THREE YEARS I'm done.