cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

155 REPLIES 155

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

And you believed that?. They’ve been paying lip service to us for 3 years.

I plan to stick around
Haha. Sorry my comment was related to online statements not working not that they were actively working on Apple Pay. I honestly don’t believe they care about what their customers want and we are likely never seeing it Happen lol.

I can not believe Rogers is selling iphone/android smart phones with mobile wallet feature and Rogers credit card doesn't support apple/samsung pay at the same stage.

bobbintoms
I've been around

For me, its more than a simple inconvenience. Lost points add up over time. I am an elite card member with both PC and Rogers MasterCard. I chose not to spend PC card anywhere other than superstore. But as I was running my YTD statement from both PC and Rogers, I find that a lot of dollars are spent through Apple Pay using PC MasterCard. Over the last year, this would have given me over 200,000 points with Rogers, where with PC I got about half of that. I love Rogers MasterCard but lacking Mobile Wallet functionality is causing a lot of dollars going to other card providers, at least in my experience. 

This is exactly the same for me, PC card gets all of my credit card transactions <$100 through Apple Pay.

oxymoroner
I've been here awhile

seriously Rogers, get on mobile payment already. there's enough demand.

MBNA, BMO, AMEX: all have apple pay, why can't you?

this "excuse" of insufficient demand is getting old

Just got my Rogers card. Totally didn’t realize it doesn’t support Apple Pay. What the....

RayDA
I've been around
Really? No Apple Pay or any kind of mobile pay support? Been years and Rogers still keeps giving lame excuses. Same as when eSIM was released. Lip service for years until they do something. Always way behind. Joke.

vygr
I've been around

The only card from the ones I have (credit and debit) that does not support Apple Pay.

Makes me reconsider keeping it...

lordNaN
I've been here awhile
Seriously. Now that I’m no longer a mobile customer, probably just going to increase the limits on my existing cards and forgo Rogers all together.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned earlier in this thread, it costs money to have this feature.  If my rebates were to decrease because of it, I would prefer to keep a higher rebate rate.

Question: Inevitably it may be possible to carry around only a phone, but how many people are able to conduct all their business in this manner and how many people don't have their credit card with them to make payment?

PS.  I use Rogers MC for all my credit card purchases, maximizing my rebates and I keep one other card (a no fee Visa) in case there is ever a problem with the Rogers MC or the MasterCard (or Visa) system as there has been occasionally.

I plan to stick around
Why would Rogers need to reduce its reward program amounts to cover Apple Pay? No other FI did that! If Rogers did that would be completely bogus IMHO.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Name me one other free card that offers the rebates that Rogers MC does.

1.75% on all purchases

2% on Rogers purchases

4% on Foreign purchases.

That's with the Rogers World Elite.  https://www.rogersbank.com/en/

Those other FIs probably had more "headroom" to "eat" the Apple Pay charges.  In addition, if they were large FIs (unlike Roges) they may be able to negotiate lower fees, the same way that large merchants pay lower CC fees.

Vtecman3
I'm here a lot
I love the justification “but the rewards are the best”

Maybe to you but PC Financial offers 3% on all Loblaws transactions. And Apple Pay

Simplii visa is 4% on restaurants. And Apple Pay.

Tangerine does some good stuff too. And Apple Pay.

So the argument that they don’t have it because they have the best benefit is bogus.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The examples you provide are pretty limiting.  It would be like Rogers only providing say 2% on Rogers purchases, but Rogers provide good rebates on everything.    GM also provides a good rebate, but you need to purchase a GM vehicle. Good if that's what you want, but I prefer the cash thank you.

Vtecman3
I'm here a lot
Not really limiting. It just depends on what your needs are. But Apple Pay is definitely an added convenience.

I plan to stick around
The Apple Pay fees are standard across the board. Same fee applies to everyone.

As far as rewards I have a number of cards that offer better overall rewards than Rogers depending on where I’m spending.

Keep in mind the 4% on f/x transactions was added because now they charge an f/x fee as part of the transaction now. So it’s not 4% it’s closer to 1.5% actually.

Scotiabank AMEX Card is 5% groceries, entertainment and restaurants, Uber eats and such . 3% on gas and on things like Netflix and transit. 1% on everything else and they don’t charge me an f/x service fee.

Like I said before if Rogers says it’s costs then it’s bogus. Even more so as the World Elite is a premium card that comes with higher merchant interchange fees....they aren’t losing money on their credit Card if they are then they are seriously doing something wrong.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@2193973 wrote:
1. As far as rewards I have a number of cards that offer better overall rewards than Rogers depending on where I’m spending.

2. Keep in mind the 4% on f/x transactions was added because now they charge an f/x fee as part of the transaction now. So it’s not 4% it’s closer to 1.5% actually.

3. Scotiabank AMEX Card is 5% groceries, entertainment and restaurants, Uber eats and such . 3% on gas and on things like Netflix and transit. 1% on everything else and they don’t charge me an f/x service fee.

4. they aren’t losing money on their credit Card if they are then they are seriously doing something wrong.

1.  There are cards that may offer better (limited) individual rewards, however, none offer better overall rewards.

2. Correct, but most cards are -2.5% (charge 2.5% on ForEx), so the delta to most cards is still 4%.

3. Again, individual examples.  If you don't get charged for ForEx with that card, you're still 1.5% less than Rogers.

4. Of course they're not losing money.  I just intimated that their margins may be tighter than some other cards in light of the rebates offered.

KayM0
I've been around

This thread is over three years old and there's still no Apple Pay or mobile app

I got my Rogers MasterCard last month and was surprised to find that it did not support Apple Pay nor does it have a mobile app (although their website says it has mobile friendly website -- but that's not the same convenience as an app IMO). How many requests does Rogers need to get on board with these now-standard features for a credit card?

Please make this a thing. It’s odd that you retail cell phones and don’t support their feature

They're bloody hypo critics, how many of those awful ads about "Roger's First" only to come out with a card that doesn't support the latest tech. It's outrageous. I'm switching back to PC World Elite.  I've given them THREE YEARS I'm done.