cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

155 REPLIES 155

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community  @Ccclo Smiley Happy

Thank you for the post. Now that Apple Pay is available in Canada, we’ll be evaluating the demand to offer it to our cardholder base, but we do not yet have a date when it might be available. If I have any updates, I'll be sure to share it with the Community

RogersAsif

comatb
I've been here awhile

That is just not acceptable. If Rogers Bank does not allow Apple Pay I will cancel my credit card.

EtaCarinae
I plan to stick around
I've got to say I agree, I have all my credit cards including Canadian Tire Options MasterCard, RBC Visa Infinite, Amex Aeroplan Platinum - heck, even my RBC and CIBC Interac DEBIT cards work as well in ApplePay! I find it astonishing that we can pay via debit card with Apple Pay but the only card I own that I still have to use physically is my Rogers MasterCard.

If there are no plans to support Apple Pay from Rogers Bank then I as well will be closing my account. I will wait about another month, which is when the majority of other Canadian banks are going to be launching Apple Pay support, and if by then Rogers Bank still doesn't support it then I will no longer have use for having the card.

Rogers used to be the leader with new, innovative mobile technologies and always partnered with industry leaders and manufacturers such as Apple to release the hottest new tech first in Canada. Now, since Apple Pay competes with their failed "SureTap Wallet," they are dragging their feet behind the most innovative mobile payment technology in the world right now - Apple Pay.

It's very disappointing and honestly I got my Rogers MasterCard thinking to myself that Rogers Bank is different than the big banks, since they're owned by a major mobile network operator maybe I will get to see new technologies like Apple Pay first, before the mainstream. Oh how wrong I was.

And it's very disappointing from Canada's leading telecommunications company.

Cheers

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

I agree, how is Rogers sell iPhone(s) and try to sell Apple pay is one of it's feature... And yet, there own Credit Card doesn't support it!

It doesn't even sound logical!

queequeg
I've been around

Hi,

One can only assume it is only a matter of time, if RogersBank proves to be a serious long term endeavour (which is not obvious at this juncture). RogersBank is a small player, and surely Apple did not count them in on the marketing blitz ;-), so they can drag their feet all they want ... Here's hoping it will be sooner rather than later: the RogersBank MC is one of the best options out there for cash rewards (no annual fees (condition), no exchange fees, great account options).

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
Any updates with Pay? Because of this delay, I've switched to the BMO Cashback MasterCard that has %2 on everything for 6 months. By then I'm hoping you guys are good to go with Pay and you'll be back to being my full time card.

Just got approved for the card! Please let us use apple pay! and also make an iphone app, I didnt realize that these features didnt exsit 😞

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

When you get down to it, Rogers Bank can just ignore Apple Pay and it's customer's desire to use their card in that way. I do not feel that they have any real respect for their customers. Their card is not that wonderful or unique, truth be told.

I do like the 1.75% cash back on all purchases, but there are other fish in the sea with good cash back rewards. We customers have the right to shelve the Rogers Mastercard and replace it with another card.

If they make no positive move to play with the "real" banks and support Apple Pay, I am replacing my Rogers Mastercard soon. My RBC Mastercard has been getting a real workout since I got it, but the rewards could be better. I applied for it as soon as I heard they would get behind Apple Pay and it is my default card at this time!

WCyvr
I've been around
Looking forward to use Apple Pay with Rogers MC

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
I wish they'd give is some confirmation, so at least we'd have something to look forward to.

Since the original post there has been 10 inquiries/request about Apple Pay. It has been almost 2 months any updates ? BTW all major bank credit and debit cards are on Apple Pay it would be ashamed if Rogers MasterCard wouldn't be on it.

comatb
I've been here awhile

How about it Rogers. You could say "we're looking at it and the timeline for a descion is.....". Don't leave us in the dark!

@Donny78 wrote:

Since the original post there has been 10 inquiries/request about Apple Pay. It has been almost 2 months any updates ? BTW all major bank credit and debit cards are on Apple Pay it would be ashamed if Rogers MasterCard wouldn't be on it.

skip501
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersAsif any update on this? How about Android Pay as well? Is this being considered. Thank you very much.

@RogersAsif wrote:

Thank you for the post. Now that Apple Pay is available in Canada, we’ll be evaluating the demand to offer it to our cardholder base, but we do not yet have a date when it might be available. If I have any updates, I'll be sure to share it with the Community

RogersAsif

comatb
I've been here awhile

No update since May 11, 2016 is pretty poor customer service!

@skip501 wrote:

Hi @RogersAsif any update on this? How about Android Pay as well? Is this being considered. Thank you very much.

@RogersAsif wrote:

RogersAsif

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

CranWat
I've been here awhile

I hope we hear some news soon. Now that Tangerine Mastercard has ApplePay in addition to my ScotiaVisa and Amex, my Rogers Mastercard suddenly finds itself at the 'back of the bus' when it comes to everyday purchases. I'm not cancelling as I still use it for online card purchases. However, with ApplePay for the web coming in September, if RogersBank still hasn't ApplePay the card basically has no reason to remain in my card suite. Perhaps I'll keep it around for out-of-country travel but since it's been a few years since I travelling I'm not sure how useful that will be. 

Note: ApplePay is great with the iPhone, but I recently got the Apple Watch and it is out of this world on the watch! That convenience of 'wearing your wallet' make it feel like the future way of making purchases has arrived already. 

Rogers: Please post some news on Apple Pay. Is it coming? If so, some type of target would be nice. Saying nothing leads one to believe it is not coming at all. 

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

They are too afraid to be honest, like Tangerine, who announced it would be coming well in advance. If we Rogers MC customers who want Apple Pay support, hear that they aren't interested, guess what will happen?

I know that I will cancel the card, and I think a lot of customers will do the same.

The big problem here, is their disrespect for their customers. I am certain that the decision has been made, but NO..they can't be decent and give us an honest answer.

skip501
I plan to stick around
@NoMoreSnow well said!!!! All we want is communication and an honest answer. Let us know where things stand. It's simple. Rogers created this community forum to engage with their customers, but I guess that it's lip service.

Rogers, put on the big boy pants and talk to us. Thank you.

jimmy07kalia
I've been around

thats a shame for rogers bank even president choice came up with apple pay and tangerine bank. and they still evaluating . what a joke . Don't expect this from rogers. used to be head of innovation now i must say last in innovation. and yes they still evauating 

@Ccclo wrote:

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

My Pres Choice MC has been getting a lot of Apple Pay action while I wait for Rogers MC to get on board.