cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

155 REPLIES 155

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
That card has a large annual fee for the same percent as the Rogers card. For now I'm using my MBNA MasterCard, straight %2 with an $89 annual fee

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

OK...just checked that BMO 1.75% cashback card out. IMHO, the $120 annual fee negates too much of the cashback earned, unless you are a VERY big spender.

I pay no annual fee with the Rogers card since I have my Fido bill auto-paid by the Rogers MC. They waive the annual $29 in that situation.

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

I have had a closer look at the 2% MBNA card. Despite the fee, I will likely apply for it once Apple Pay support is announced. There are other benefits that I am not getting from my Rogers or Tangerine

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

Hmmmm...maybe this is their answer to those of us who are clamouring for Apple Pay

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.35.48 PM.png

No, not even close

CranWat
I've been here awhile

If you're going to pay for a card, I'd suggest the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card. It is 4% back on Gas,  4% on Groceries,  Groceries, 2% on Drug Store, 2% on recurring payments, and 1% on the rest for a $99 annual fee and a ton of benefits. They also have a 3 month 5% on everything introductory offer.  The Rogers card still wins on the 'Other' category. 

Wow just got the card to realise no Apple pay. Nice work! Can only imagine they dont want to spend the associated costs. Guess since this thread is almost a year old Rogers first response to evaluate demand was a lie. Do you really believe there is no demand for this option. Perhaps just tell us truthfully why you won't set up Apple pay

RC248
I'm here a lot
yeah, i stoped using the card. I don't carry a wallet so unless they add it. I won't be using it.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
For a tech company this is quite sad 😢

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Yeap, I started this thread more then a year ago.  3 months ago, I switched to TD Visa with Aeroplan.  Now I am using Apple pay everywhere.   I am also using the ESSO app to pay at the pump on my iPhone.  I feels sad...  now all I use this Roger card is to pay for my Rogers bills.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
I've been using my %2 MBNA, unfortunately it still doesn't have Pay yet 😞

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

They have announced that they are hard at work to get Apple Pay setup, and around mid-2017. Such a contrast in attitude compared to you-know-who. 

My Rogers MC is stored and now just used for the monthly Fido bill. Will close the account once MBNA is on Apple Pay

Pmarcovi
I've been here awhile

MBNA is on Apple Pay, Rogers are you next?

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
I'm loving my MBNA right now, I guess the Rogers card will continue to sit in a drawer 😞

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

I concur with you, Cornfed. Now 100% Apple Pay thanks to MBNA coming on board. I haven't used the Rogers MC for 2 or 3 months, except to pay my Fido, thus no annual fee.

Eventually I will likely cancel the account. Even if they start supporting Apple Pay, MBNA still is superior, despite the annual fee. The Rogers MC w/Apple Pay would become my backup card to my MBNA.

You certainly have to give MBNA credit for announcing some time ago that they were working on supporting Apple Pay, and that they met their (rumoured) promise of mid-2017 launch. I hope they enhance their effort with an app that lets you do the verification, without the phonecall.

pxg
I've been around

Is there any update? I have switched over to another card that supports apple pay, but still have the Rogers card, and would like to start using it again, if it gets apple pay.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
I haven't heard anything 😞 I still have the card for foreign purchases and a small fido bill.

I've been loving my MBNA card 💳 with pay, straight %2 is pretty good, but not to keen on the $89 annual fee.

RC248
I'm here a lot
FYI foreign transaction fee now apply to this card. They removed that feature. I’ve just canceled my card. I’ve waited over year and still no new news.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
Yeah but you get a big cashback back, so it still works out. I think it's %4 or something.

tarragon
I've been around

We need Apple Pay for rogers bank! Do you have a plan when to put it available?!

Been waiting over a year for this answer... and it’s most likely gonna be a no.