Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

@NoMoreSnow

This community is more of a place for customers to come and help each other out with issues they have with their cable, Internet and wireless services. We try our best to answer any questions that the community is unable to answer.

In this case, Rogers Bank would be much better suited to answer this question for you. If you aren't happy with the answer you're receiving from their support line, you can always ask to speak with a manager for further clarification.

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

OK, Corey. My belief is that upper management has no interest in giving any responses to this subject. So lower levels managers are undoubtedly going to have no answers either.

If you read this whole thread, you will see that most people are expressing discontent with the ZERO feedback from whoever makes the decision to support or not support Apple Pay. This subject/thread cannot offer a fix among we customers. But we can feel free to express our feeling about the whole way this has been handled so far.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just asked rogershelps on Twitter. Here is their reply:

"In regards to Apple Pay & Android Pay it's on our road map but we do not have any specific dates"

So ecouraging news about it being on the roadmap, but it would be nice to have a timeline.

I've Been Around

We need Apple Pay and a rogers bank app!! Come on Rogers get with the program.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @chulojay01

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We appreciate the feedback and will definitely pass it along for consideration.

RogersPrasana

I've Been Around

Rogers keeps trying to convince me to sign up for a new MasterCard.

The answer that they are "evaluating demand" makes it a lot worse. All major Canadian banks + American Express, Canadian Tire and others support Apple Pay.

Quite simple, only after Rogers actually supports it officially (no "evaluating", no road map, no "from this date") I will even think of applying for their credit card.

Even if Rogers officially says they will support it let's say starting July 1, I won't apply until July 1.

No Apple Pay no customer

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's definitely ridiculous that it's taking Rogers this long to even give us a date. I'll only use the card for US purchases until Pay is enabled.

I Plan to Stick Around

Waiting for Rogers to adopt customer friendly attitude is a waste of time. Their history is full of antics showing how they have zero respect for their customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I guess that's why me and my family are with Public Mobile now 🤑
I Plan to Stick Around

That whole change from no foreign transaction fee, to a higher Cashback percentage is a shell game too. Did you know that the Mastercard exchange rate is always at least 1% above the REAL exchange rate?

Nothing Rogers does is meant to help their customer. The bean-counters found a way to get more from us, with that change from no US foreign transaction fee.

If I can come up with another Pay credit card that offers a percentage close to the Rogers 1.75%, on all purchases, I am gone. I use my (competing) Mastercard which supports Apple Pay, for the 3 categories where I get 2%. Since that card only gives 1% on other categories, the Rogers card wins...SO FAR.