cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

155 REPLIES 155

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Can we please use Apple Pay already. The cash rewards are great! But it would just be nice to actually have an iPhone app or even just Apple Pay. I use Apple Pay for all my transactions now and this card just doesn't get used anymore.

It's just sad that Rogers a tech company can't even provide a way for their MasterCard to use apply pay.

If Rogers Bank acutally developed a half decent app then I can see them completing with the other banks. But right now. It's just very unfortunate that they haven't even announced intentions of this yet.

InOut
I've been here awhile
Are there any updates yet? It has been a while. Really not looking good for Rogers.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
It's pretty ridiculous isn't it lol
I haven't used the card in a few months because of it.

InOut
I've been here awhile
@Asif, if Rogers is deciding based on demand, then they are making a big mistake. It should not be based on demand, but be seen as a new feature and better convenience for its clients.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
Once my promotional %2 Cashback card ends with BMO in a few months, I'll be moving on to the $89 year %2 Cashback MNBA MasterCard. At least MNBA say they're working on getting Pay going. I'll only use the Rogers card for foreign purchases now, I'll actually probably just switch to the Fido MasterCard for the no fee for my foreign purchases.

skip501
I plan to stick around

Sigh...

I wish that Rogers cared more about its customers and especially those of us that take the time to participate in the community forum. We're all begging Rogers for some kind of word on this, but we're being completely ignored. It is so sad...a simple "we're working on it" or "we have no plans for this" or "we expect to announce something soon" would be nice.

@RogersAsif please, please, with sugar on top, throw the community members here a bone. Is Rogers Bank working on Apple Pay or Android Pay for its Mastercard product?

Thank you so much in advance.

CranWat
I've been here awhile

Cashback cards are definitely the way to go. I think everybody wins in some way. Stores win because consumers might spend more knowing they are getting cashback. Consumers win because they are getting real discounts (cash is SO much better than hard to value and hard to redeem point systems). And yes, the credit card companies win with the increased spending and loyalty to a particular card as well. 

The Rogers card is unique (from what I've seen) regarding out-of-country purchases and a good 'general rate'.

For a paid card, I like the Visa infinite momentum that pays 4% for groceries and gas, and well as good rates for drug stores and repeating purchases.

Rogers should be my best 'fall back' card when not hitting a key category. The problem is I now only carry a single physical card attached to a sleeve on my phone instead of a wallet ever since Apple Pay arrived.  For me, that's the Visa due to the gas and groceries discount. Rogers is losing out on the big 'other category' spending simply because it's not on Apple Pay, and therefore not with me anymore. It seems they need to up the discounts or get on Apple Pay to make it back into my world.

And agree...some statement from Rogers would be super helpful. 

Hi @skip501,

I would recommend reaching out to Rogers Bank directly to find out whether or not it supports Apple Pay.

RogersCorey

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

Hi Corey

I appreciate you trying to give some feedback here, but I have asked twice while on the phone with Rogers Bank. They just give the cheerful corporate non-answer, which is essentialy "no idea" and say that they are getting a lot of requests.

I have been a Rogers customer for years, on and off, and this refusal to tell their customers yes or no to this subject, is SO TYPICAL. Another fine Roger's experience, I am afraid. No respect from management for their customers who would like this feature.

We customers can live with the lack of Apple Pay support, but my other credit cards are getting a fine workout. One day soon, my Rogers MC will be going dormant, which is my way of responding to Rogers attitude and disrespect.

Hats off to the CEO of Tangerine who told us well back that they were working on support for Apple Pay!!! Common decency from a CEO is very positive to we customers.

@NoMoreSnow

This community is more of a place for customers to come and help each other out with issues they have with their cable, Internet and wireless services. We try our best to answer any questions that the community is unable to answer.

In this case, Rogers Bank would be much better suited to answer this question for you. If you aren't happy with the answer you're receiving from their support line, you can always ask to speak with a manager for further clarification.

RogersCorey

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

OK, Corey. My belief is that upper management has no interest in giving any responses to this subject. So lower levels managers are undoubtedly going to have no answers either.

If you read this whole thread, you will see that most people are expressing discontent with the ZERO feedback from whoever makes the decision to support or not support Apple Pay. This subject/thread cannot offer a fix among we customers. But we can feel free to express our feeling about the whole way this has been handled so far.

skip501
I plan to stick around

I just asked rogershelps on Twitter. Here is their reply:

"In regards to Apple Pay & Android Pay it's on our road map but we do not have any specific dates"

So ecouraging news about it being on the roadmap, but it would be nice to have a timeline.

chulojay01
I've been here awhile
We need Apple Pay and a rogers bank app!! Come on Rogers get with the program.

Hi @chulojay01

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We appreciate the feedback and will definitely pass it along for consideration.

RogersPrasana

Rogers keeps trying to convince me to sign up for a new MasterCard.

The answer that they are "evaluating demand" makes it a lot worse. All major Canadian banks + American Express, Canadian Tire and others support Apple Pay.

Quite simple, only after Rogers actually supports it officially (no "evaluating", no road map, no "from this date") I will even think of applying for their credit card.

Even if Rogers officially says they will support it let's say starting July 1, I won't apply until July 1.

No Apple Pay no customer

Cornfed
I plan to stick around

It's definitely ridiculous that it's taking Rogers this long to even give us a date. I'll only use the card for US purchases until Pay is enabled.

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

Waiting for Rogers to adopt customer friendly attitude is a waste of time. Their history is full of antics showing how they have zero respect for their customers.

Cornfed
I plan to stick around
I guess that's why me and my family are with Public Mobile now 🤑

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

That whole change from no foreign transaction fee, to a higher Cashback percentage is a shell game too. Did you know that the Mastercard exchange rate is always at least 1% above the REAL exchange rate?

Nothing Rogers does is meant to help their customer. The bean-counters found a way to get more from us, with that change from no US foreign transaction fee.

If I can come up with another Pay credit card that offers a percentage close to the Rogers 1.75%, on all purchases, I am gone. I use my (competing) Mastercard which supports Apple Pay, for the 3 categories where I get 2%. Since that card only gives 1% on other categories, the Rogers card wins...SO FAR.

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

I moved to Fido, despite it being owned by Rogers. They seem to be somewhat better. I don't think Public Mobile would be suitable for me. For the last 10 years, I have lived in Cogeco country, so have no other Rogers business.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

BMO is pushing a change to their fee schedules and Mastercards with three or four options of plans and cards with cashback - there are restrictions on how to use the accounts (as one would expect), but I noticed they did have a 1.75 plan. Banks are being very aggressive at the moment on this stuff.

Shop around.  Looks like you are.

Bruce