Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

My Pres Choice MC has been getting a lot of Apple Pay action while I wait for Rogers MC to get on board.
I'm Here A Lot

Can we please use Apple Pay already. The cash rewards are great! But it would just be nice to actually have an iPhone app or even just Apple Pay. I use Apple Pay for all my transactions now and this card just doesn't get used anymore.

It's just sad that Rogers a tech company can't even provide a way for their MasterCard to use apply pay.

If Rogers Bank acutally developed a half decent app then I can see them completing with the other banks. But right now. It's just very unfortunate that they haven't even announced intentions of this yet.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Are there any updates yet? It has been a while. Really not looking good for Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's pretty ridiculous isn't it lol
I haven't used the card in a few months because of it.
I've Been Here Awhile

@Asif, if Rogers is deciding based on demand, then they are making a big mistake. It should not be based on demand, but be seen as a new feature and better convenience for its clients.
I Plan to Stick Around

Once my promotional %2 Cashback card ends with BMO in a few months, I'll be moving on to the $89 year %2 Cashback MNBA MasterCard. At least MNBA say they're working on getting Pay going. I'll only use the Rogers card for foreign purchases now, I'll actually probably just switch to the Fido MasterCard for the no fee for my foreign purchases.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sigh...

I wish that Rogers cared more about its customers and especially those of us that take the time to participate in the community forum. We're all begging Rogers for some kind of word on this, but we're being completely ignored. It is so sad...a simple "we're working on it" or "we have no plans for this" or "we expect to announce something soon" would be nice.

@RogersAsif please, please, with sugar on top, throw the community members here a bone. Is Rogers Bank working on Apple Pay or Android Pay for its Mastercard product?

Thank you so much in advance.

I've Been Here Awhile

Cashback cards are definitely the way to go. I think everybody wins in some way. Stores win because consumers might spend more knowing they are getting cashback. Consumers win because they are getting real discounts (cash is SO much better than hard to value and hard to redeem point systems). And yes, the credit card companies win with the increased spending and loyalty to a particular card as well. 

The Rogers card is unique (from what I've seen) regarding out-of-country purchases and a good 'general rate'.

For a paid card, I like the Visa infinite momentum that pays 4% for groceries and gas, and well as good rates for drug stores and repeating purchases.

Rogers should be my best 'fall back' card when not hitting a key category. The problem is I now only carry a single physical card attached to a sleeve on my phone instead of a wallet ever since Apple Pay arrived.  For me, that's the Visa due to the gas and groceries discount. Rogers is losing out on the big 'other category' spending simply because it's not on Apple Pay, and therefore not with me anymore. It seems they need to up the discounts or get on Apple Pay to make it back into my world.

And agree...some statement from Rogers would be super helpful. 

Hi @skip501,

I would recommend reaching out to Rogers Bank directly to find out whether or not it supports Apple Pay.

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Corey

I appreciate you trying to give some feedback here, but I have asked twice while on the phone with Rogers Bank. They just give the cheerful corporate non-answer, which is essentialy "no idea" and say that they are getting a lot of requests.

I have been a Rogers customer for years, on and off, and this refusal to tell their customers yes or no to this subject, is SO TYPICAL. Another fine Roger's experience, I am afraid. No respect from management for their customers who would like this feature.

We customers can live with the lack of Apple Pay support, but my other credit cards are getting a fine workout. One day soon, my Rogers MC will be going dormant, which is my way of responding to Rogers attitude and disrespect.

Hats off to the CEO of Tangerine who told us well back that they were working on support for Apple Pay!!! Common decency from a CEO is very positive to we customers.