cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim support for samsung devices

Sukut
I plan to stick around

Hi Rogers,

Do you have any plans to support esim on samsung devices. Its 2021 and still no light on this issue from Rogers.

Thanks

**Labels Added**

39 REPLIES 39

Re: esim support for samsung devices

RogersYasmine

Hello @Sukut!

Thanks for joining us in the community! 🙂

We appreciate your inquiry regarding eSIM/Dual SIM support being offered for Samsung devices through Rogers. Regretfully, we do not have any new information to share at this time.

Please feel free to bookmark this helpful FAQ page for any further updates on eSIM/Dual SIM support: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/dualsim

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Can I ask you why. Rogers support apple and Google devices as for now. So wht is stopping Rogers from supporting it

Thanks

Randy

@RogersYasmine The link you provided is outdated.. Last updated: October 15, 2019.

expresspotato
I plan to stick around

No clue what's stopping the carriers. The same problem with the S20 / Note 20. I'm under the impression the carriers asked for it to be disabled. The phones have support for it. It will never be 'enabled through a future software update' - don't believe that on Twitter, they said the same thing for the S20 / Note 20 and it never happened.

Return the device for a full refund if it matters to you.

I was told by three Rogers representatives that the S21 is dual SIM capable using an electronic SIM or E-SIM.  Based on this information I purchased the phone.  IT IS NOT E-SIM or DUAL SIM CAPABLE.

Two representatives at technical support continued to tell me it is possible to set up the phone for dual SIM but they were unable to do it and finally conceded it's not possible.

Do not purchase the S21 if you're in the market for dual SIM capability.

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Yes, it's a big joke by samsung and the carriers. Apple and Google have esim and it supported but not samsung. I have an s20 pkus and this is my 2nd last device from samsung.

@matvanderheyden It’s E-SIM capable. Here’s a snippet from Samsung’s Canadian website:

"Does Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G support eSIM?
Yes, you can use an electronic SIM, known as eSIM, with Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. The eSIM allows you to activate a mobile network plan right on your phone, so you can switch data plans or add an overseas phone number without the physical Nano SIM."

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Sorry it does not. I have spoken to samsung and they said it's not and they have removed the esim mentioned in FAQ

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Yeah, I just saw that! I even took a look at their forums and, apparently, Samsung did the same thing with their S20. They stated it was E-SIM capable, in Canada, which wasn’t the case…

Sorbz62
I plan to stick around

Strange, I have a Rogers esim in my s20 Ultra. Now I want to transfer it my s21 and the rep at Roger sis telling me Samsung phones are not supported!!

J

Sukut
I plan to stick around
Are you sure? All samsung devices in NA come with esim disabled. May be you have an exynos version from out of NA

Sorbz62
I plan to stick around
Actually, you're right. I bought the phone in Israel, where I work.

I just bought an S21 here (Israel) and want to transfer the esim to it. Any ideas?

Surprise Surprise Rogers charges full price for a Phone (Galaxy Fold 2) and does not support Dual Sim on It. What a Joke. I am returning My Fd. This is ridiculous. Cmon Rogers, step up to 2021.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Here’s a snippet from Samsung’s website: Use of eSIM/Hybrid SIM/Dual SIM on Galaxy devices has not been enabled in Canada.
So this is on Samsung, not Rogers!

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
@Sorbz62 Could they mail your an eSIM QR code card?

Ken34
I've been around

Samsung released an update in April to support ESIM on their devices.

Why is the Samsung Note 20 Ultra not supported by Rogers for ESIM? 

Can we please get an update when this will be available in Canada.

Only reason I got this phone is because I was told by Rogers employees it would support 2 phone numbers.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
@Ken34 Why? Because Samsung decided not to enable that feature, for their Canadian devices. As to availability, it’s a question for Samsung 🙂

Sukut
I plan to stick around
It's Rogers who have to turn the esim support on and then samsung will enable it with an update. Exactly that what happened with tmobile in US
For the

SwordFish99
I plan to stick around

I am not sure your response is correct. If you own an iPhone, Rogers and other carriers will support eSIM, just not Samsung. I believe it is Samsung that wants us all to buy more phones and why we won't get dual sim from them. I will not buy another Samsung phone again because of this and I have owned Samsung since S2...

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
@SwordFish99
It’s hardware related. Said Samsung phone would’ve to be purchased from another market (like Europe). Pixels also have an eSIM and it can be activated on ROGERS’ network!
Topic Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation