S21 Ultra unable to connect to 5G network

pdragon
I've been here awhile

I have a: 

• 5G compatible phone
  • 5G wireless plan 
  • In a 5G coverage area 

But my phone only shows 4G. 

Rogers rep tried to tell me that only phones bought from Rogers/Fido can access 5G - which is absolutely incorrect. 

I saw this thread: S20 Ultra Unable to Connect to 5G - Rogers Community 
and was hoping the community could help me out as well. 

I tried following the solution in that thread.  My phone is an international version and after checking the CSC code, it says "STH" - which is Singapore.  It doesn't show an option to obtain "RWC" which is Rogers Wireless.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: S21 Ultra unable to connect to 5G network

RogersMoin

Hello, @pdragon.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate your detailed post and browsing the Community for a similar situation. Please beware of the risks involved in changing the CSC of your phone. You should send a direct PM to that thread participants if you need further assistance.

Thanks for your contribution and help in keeping the Community a pleasant place.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello pdragon,

Just to clear the record, you would also need a phone that uses the right type of 5G frequency for Canada.

5G is not the same everywhere in the world, if you have an unlocked 5G Samsung S21 Ultra then congrats on your phone, however for 5G to work, your phone needs to be compatble with the same 5G frequencies that Rogers and other north american providers use.  if your phone was an unlocked international model, then it wont see our 5G unfortunately and you need to sell it and buy the rogers version for it to work here on our 5G

pdragon
I've been here awhile

Hi Pauly, 

Thanks for this response.  It makes sense and I had a feeling it was related to the phone being an international model.  If I buy a brand new S23 from Samsung Canada directly (in-store, unlocked, not from any carrier), would you expect it to work on Rogers' 5G network?   Nowhere on Rogers website does it say that the phone must be purchased FROM Rogers or Fido, but that is what the rep insists. 

Thanks again

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation