eSIM Google Pixel 4XL

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pgg101
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: eSIM Google Pixel 4XL

Hi,

Do you still have any ongoing problems? Telus is having eSIM issues with Pixel 4's. So I'm thinking of moving my personal line to Rogers as an eSIM, and my employer's phone line would be a physical SIM with Telus.
RogersZia

Hello @Pgg101,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I'm glad to hear you're considering moving your line to Rogers. What kind of issues are you concerned with?

Any Pixel 4 users in the Community want to share your experience:)?

RogersZia

Pgg101
I've Been Here Awhile

Telus is having problems activating an eSIM as a second line on Pixel 4. I have no issues porting phone line to Rogers, but I want to make sure Rogers doesn't have the same problem. Because if I do, and try to move back to Telus, then I will lose my rate plan.

So basically this is what I want to have

SIM 1: physical Sim with Telus (my employer). Data will be running through that for the most part, but not always.

SIM2: eSIM with Rogers ( my personal line).

Going back to Telus again, they have been unable to resolve this since January 22nd, and no end in sight.
RogersMoin

Hello, @Pgg101.

Thank you for the more info. We haven't heard of any eSIM activation issues on our network. Do you happen to know if the activation problem you are experiencing is device-related or network? If it's device-related, then you may encounter the same with us. 

Community - anybody activated eSIM on Pixel 4 recently? 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

TwitchyPuppy
I Plan to Stick Around

@jfdupont Is that problem consistent regardless of your location? If not, it could be because the other provider has antennas closer to where you are, in said area. Also, it might sound dumb, but did you try restarting your phone? (Not power down/power up, but an actual restart). I personally had no issue, back when I had my Pixel 2 XL.
And, if I’m not mistaken, you should have an option to “reset” or “default” your APN settings under “Mobile Networks” or something like that.

@gp-se They are located in the “Calling” or “Phone” settings (I always accessed that part via the Phone app, using the 3 dots (or lines now? I haven’t had an Android phone in a while) in the top-right corner. And it should be called “More Settings” or “Advanced Settings”, something like that. Same thing if you wanna use Rogers’ RCS text message features, but you do those steps through the Messages app, instead).

I know both of your messages got posted like a year ago but I didn’t see any suitable answers. Hope it helps you, guys! (Or other people too, if need be).