cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Google Pixel 4XL

jfdupont
I've been here awhile

I have a brand new Google Pixel 4 XL from Rogers.  The phone is great.  I have a problem.  I have an eSim from Rogers.  I could call and sens SMS without problems.  The data is not always working.  The signal strenght is ok if I look up right of the phone.

I have a physical SIM from an other provider from my emplyment and this one is working very well.  If I remove it, everything is working well

***Added Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: eSIM Google Pixel 4XL

RogersMaude

Good evening @jfdupont,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! 'Dual SIM’ allows you to have two phone numbers on a single phone.

We have not yet had reports of any issues with this functionality. However, we certainly want to help you solve the issue.

Are you saying that you sometimes do not have access to data, on neither one of your lines?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know!

RogersMaude

jfdupont
I've been here awhile

Yes some times I don't have acces to anything

The only thing to do is to turn on and off airplane mode

It is worst when I diconnect of the wifi or when and I'm out of the range of the wifi

jfdupont
I've been here awhile

It is working better if I removed the SIM's job, it is working but and I loose the signal after leaving wifi and it could take sometime for SMS but it is better may be at 70%.

I see, I'm sorry to hear that! Have you visited a Rogers Plus location yet to have a diagnostic run on the device? Or have you spoken with support? Just curious for now if any steps have been taken toward resolving your concern.

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

I just purchased a Rogers Pixel 4 XL myself, I was wondering where are the options for VoLTE? Also I'm a Rogers Small Business client, can I use eSIM, or is it for personal accounts only?

jfdupont
I've been here awhile

It is for all

Good morning @gp-se!

As @jfdupont pointed out, you can activate an eSIM on both personal accounts and business accounts.

To answer your other question, the Google Pixel 4XL is compatible with VoLTE.

Regards,

RogersCorey

@RogersCorey 

As a business account user how do I get the eSIM to work? Do I go to any Rogers store and they can set it up, or is there something else I need to do?

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @gp-se!

You can find out more regarding eSIM setup on our Blog post "here"!

If you do have any additional questions though feel free to let us know.

@RogersAndy

Pgg101
I've been here awhile
Hi,

Do you still have any ongoing problems? Telus is having eSIM issues with Pixel 4's. So I'm thinking of moving my personal line to Rogers as an eSIM, and my employer's phone line would be a physical SIM with Telus.

Hello @Pgg101,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I'm glad to hear you're considering moving your line to Rogers. What kind of issues are you concerned with?

Any Pixel 4 users in the Community want to share your experience:)?

RogersZia

Pgg101
I've been here awhile
Telus is having problems activating an eSIM as a second line on Pixel 4. I have no issues porting phone line to Rogers, but I want to make sure Rogers doesn't have the same problem. Because if I do, and try to move back to Telus, then I will lose my rate plan.

So basically this is what I want to have

SIM 1: physical Sim with Telus (my employer). Data will be running through that for the most part, but not always.

SIM2: eSIM with Rogers ( my personal line).

Going back to Telus again, they have been unable to resolve this since January 22nd, and no end in sight.

Hello, @Pgg101.

Thank you for the more info. We haven't heard of any eSIM activation issues on our network. Do you happen to know if the activation problem you are experiencing is device-related or network? If it's device-related, then you may encounter the same with us. 

Community - anybody activated eSIM on Pixel 4 recently? 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

@jfdupont Is that problem consistent regardless of your location? If not, it could be because the other provider has antennas closer to where you are, in said area. Also, it might sound dumb, but did you try restarting your phone? (Not power down/power up, but an actual restart). I personally had no issue, back when I had my Pixel 2 XL.
And, if I’m not mistaken, you should have an option to “reset” or “default” your APN settings under “Mobile Networks” or something like that.

@gp-se They are located in the “Calling” or “Phone” settings (I always accessed that part via the Phone app, using the 3 dots (or lines now? I haven’t had an Android phone in a while) in the top-right corner. And it should be called “More Settings” or “Advanced Settings”, something like that. Same thing if you wanna use Rogers’ RCS text message features, but you do those steps through the Messages app, instead).

I know both of your messages got posted like a year ago but I didn’t see any suitable answers. Hope it helps you, guys! (Or other people too, if need be).

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation