cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Rogers support RCS enhanced Messaging?

jskrzypczak
I've been around

I see that google has finally launched RCS messaging with Sprint in the United States. Is Rogers committed to supporting RCS? Is there a timeline for its rollout?

***Edited Labels***

96 REPLIES 96

Re: Will Rogers support RCS enhanced Messaging?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jefflessard

Thank you!. This is a good feature to get anyways!

Your welcome

I factory reset my phone last nite because it was slow, and when I was re-instaling the apps, I finally got the popup. and it works now!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Pauly

Thats great to hear!:)

I spoke to tech support today about it, they told me if I have an Android phone, and using Google messenger, it is automatically enabled. I definately don't have it, has anyone found a solution where they didn't have to factory reset their phone?

jefflessard
I plan to stick around

I did a factory reset.  I did not get any notifications or popup regarding RCS in messenger.

I did the reset via settings.

Is there a way to verify or test if it is enabled on my device?

regards,

FoleyRose
I plan to stick around
Same for me

I did it that way too. I got the pop-up right away and was able to enable the features. I than stupidly put my other sim card in and I lost it. I can't seem to get it back now even with factory. They said it's suppose to be out to everyone by end of Jan. My best advice is to call tech support and have a ticket opened. It's where I am at now too.

FoleyRose
I plan to stick around

I just chatted with a chat rep and she told me that everyone should have it by the end of January or during the first week of February. She also stated that we don't need to factory reset our phones, even though it seems to help for some of us.

Corman
I plan to stick around

This is likely. Rogers One Number is probably causing issues with RCS and it is supposed to be decommissioned today. I noticed it no longer appears as an option on my device in myRogers. 

b-ry
I'm a reliable contributor

I had One Number and I am now getting Enhanced Messaging on my Dtek50 device with Rogers. It is also working for Fido customers too (I can personally say it works on Fido with a Nexus 5x)

No factory reset was needed. I opened the app, and a banner was at the bottom of the app screen stating the option for enhanced messenging.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I am really glad to hear RCS is now live for both Rogers and Fido customers.

Corman
I plan to stick around
Still not working for me unfortunately. However all of a sudden VoLTE started working after RON was decommissioned.

RON and VoLTE are both up based calling this is why your VoLTE started after RON was removed.

b-ry
I'm a reliable contributor

Does Rogers extreme messaging/texting still work as normal with Android RCS or with RCS enabled, extreme text rules won't work/apply?

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around
Google messenger just asked permission to use enhanced feature. I guess rcs is live for me.

😀

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
It's device dependant. I have a Nexus 6 for my business and I can use Google's Messenger app over WiFi and the carrier is Sugar Mobile.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Yes. Put your phone in Airplane mode and activate WiFi.
If you can still send and receive SMS, you're good!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @FelipeVancim

Great to hear!:).

@TwitchyPuppy wrote:
Yes. Put your phone in Airplane mode and activate WiFi.
If you can still send and receive SMS, you're good!

I tested this the other day with other users who had their RCS enhanced features enabled, had airplane mode on, mobile network off, and wifi on.

Only messages between RCS enabled clients will be sent over wifi. if you send a message to someone who is not RCS enabled or just uses SMS, the message will not send until you turn on mobile network connection. 

So RCS to RCS works over wifi, but not RCS to SMS.

Corman
I plan to stick around
I received the notification for RCS yesterday. It's now enabled. But I'm the only one with it. Lol. My wife still has not received the notification.
Topic Stats