cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade phone

oldfarmer
I've been around

I plan to upgrade my Pixel phone and just wondering is there any reason I cant buy an unlocked phone online or direct from google, transfer my data and use my existing rogers sim card, it seems to be cheaper and more options re colour and memory

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade phone

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
You absolutely can do that. All you have to do is take your SIM out of your old device and put it on your new one. If you are using an eSIM, you should be able to transfer that to the new device during the setup when it asks if you want to copy anything over from another device.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
You absolutely can do that. All you have to do is take your SIM out of your old device and put it on your new one. If you are using an eSIM, you should be able to transfer that to the new device during the setup when it asks if you want to copy anything over from another device.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed with one caveat.  Purchase the phone from a reputable company in Canada.  Some people have reported issues with phones purchased from the US or elsewhere.

Four years ago I purchased an iPhone SE2020 from Best Buy and had no issues simply inserting the SIM from my previous older iPhone.

Make sure you've got the appropriate BYOD plan to save money.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation