Samsung S8 - Cannot Dismiss "SD Card Encrypted" Notification

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robtoe
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung S8 - Cannot Dismiss "SD Card Encrypted" Notification

I guess this is more of any FYI for anyone with this phone, using an encrypted SD card.      In the past, each reboot, you'd get a notification about "SD Card Encrypted" which you could dismiss with a single tap.

After the latest update (issued 2 days ago), you can no longer dismiss it.    There's a Reddit discussion that gives more detail:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/j3n9wi/sd_card_encrypted_notification_wont_go_away/?sort=...

I reached out to Rogers support, but they indicated they would not report this type of issue back to Samsung, so I'll reach out to them directly.   I'll post back if I hear anything.

In the meantime, you can set the notification to "silent & minimized" which helps a bit - details in that Reddit post.

*** Edited Labels ***

RogersZia

Re: Samsung S8 - Cannot Dismiss "SD Card Encrypted" Notification

Thank you so much for updating the Community @robtoe, I'm sure the Samsung S8 users will appreciate the info :).

RogersZia