cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Only carriers allowing the watch seems to be the big 3.

I know which promotion you are talking about.

stefman722
I plan to stick around
With all due respect, you fail to see what we're getting at. If Rogers two main competitors are BOTH offering the watch, there is zero excuse what so ever to not offer it. I hope you get compensated for defending Rogers lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @stefman722

How am I defending Rogers? You haven't seen the threads about the issues with the Apple Watch not being able to be active on the Rogers networks using ESIM. So I'm saying that it could be that reason why they haven't launched the Galaxy Watch until those errors get fixed.

However I agree that Rogers has a long time to get this right and failed at it. I said it many times on there as well. They should have been more proactive and had tested this system out before hand. I have said this for years being on here and seeing many launches.

Victorchan218
I plan to stick around
Well I dont think we need to argue here. My point is very simple Rogers as one of the biggest cellular provider if the other two competitors can do it why cant you? There should be no excuse for this. Secondly why you only offer esim service plan to consumer customer and not business customer? As I mention in my previous thread we as business customer do rely on technology and may need this more than a regular consumer.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Victorchan218

I agree. That's something they need to port as may business customers would love to use a smartwatch. It's useful for them as well.

They said " in 2019" but never said why and what's going on. They should be nor proactive and say more so customers can understand what's happening.

You are wrong. I read right on the site that the only 2 carriers who will support the lte version is bell and telus.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

Did Samsung get money from Bell and Telus to get this exclusive for  6 months or so?

Prospect
I plan to stick around

Doubt it. 

I think its due to the eSIM issue or Rogers doesn't think Galaxy Watch LTE is worth it.

Funny thing is there stores sell the bluetooth version. 

neilz
I've been here awhile

I'm with you on that. No excuse for Rogers and no reason to stay with them. At least if they would indicate that support is coming and give us a reasonable timeline..........but their silence is deadening.

farhan7
I've been around

Can't believe Roger doesn't carry Samsung Watch LTE. I have to change carriers now. 

Prospect
I plan to stick around
The lack of information is very frustrating.

At this point Roger's consumers have also lost out on the free Samsung phone and watch dock you get for free when preordering the LTE watch.

braidster1
I plan to stick around

Hey Meowmix really appreciate all the help you do on these forums it's appreciated.  Just wondering about this topic and the best way to let Rogers know this product is in demand for them to provide support for us?  Just got a Note 9 through them and would like to get the watch to go along with it.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SELL THE GALAXY WATCHES!!!!

HayDude
I plan to stick around
I plan on cancelling one of my Rogers accounts and go with Bell so I can have the LTE version of the watch!

Rogers really does not care what customers want until is is 30 to 40 percent of the customers so it will be awhile.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @braidster1

The best way is to continue to post here and all over social media including their pages. This way they will see how much attention this is getting..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Rob1350

Unfortunately they haven't posted when or if they will sell it anytime soon ( LTE model).

HayDude
I plan to stick around
You should not have to do that to have normal everyday tech support from your trusted mobile phone company! Bell seems to get it and Rogers needs to stay up to date or lose customers. My bill is very high each month, but so are my expectations.

HayDude
I plan to stick around
That's what is upsetting. Ignore the need until it starts to cost them more then the change. I just don't like it when a company like Rogers is not open and proactive to its customers.

JokerDudeDotCom
I've been here awhile

I almost fell out of my chair today.  My wife wants to join the Smart Watch era and the plan was to purchase her a new Samsung Galaxy LTE Watch, only it wont work on the ROGERS network???  What a complete and utter shame.  I find this so completely mind boggling. If I understand correctly she can't receive calls texts messages or anything unless she has her phone paired via bluetooth and with her. 

#ROGERS LET ME DOWN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN......

I've been here awhile
Christmas is coming lot of people want the Galaxy watch Roger's going to have to do something or they're going to be losing a ton of customers!! You would think from a business aspect they would want to jump in the new tech area and be one of the first to offer LTE.... definitely a lot of upset people about this hopefully they figure it out soon.

Shambles
I've been here awhile
Bell has started support for new galaxy watch, I have asked rogers multiple times but they don't seem to give me a definitive answer. Switching is the only option left if they don't roll out the support.