cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Kvella01
I've been here awhile

I was assuming it had something to do with when you first setup the watch on your phone and link it with your mobile plan. I get that it isn't being used after this point, but the phone is still needed to actually setup the watch at first and tie it to your plan.

My watch was purchased and setup at a Rogers store yesterday. I'm not on an rpp plan, and they followed the procedure that was posted. There has to be a reason why it's not working correctly.

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

So i believe the issue is that Rogers haven't whitelist the Watches bought from samsung directly, hence you can't get the it works but the rogers sold watch 5. it is stupid, but We just have to wait till they offer provision though the app setup like they do with Apple watch to get other watches to work. Personally i realy want to get watch 4 to work as I found the rotating bazel more satifying.

shirzady
I've been here awhile
I have recently bought Samsung Galaxy watch 5 pro LTE from Bestbuy in boxing day but interesting part is after talk with more than 10 business and technical members of Rogers finally they told me, Rogers only support the Galaxy watches which sold by Rogers retailers not other 3d party( somehow they only go with lock watch like phones in couple years back)! It took couple business day for them to find out this the resolution why my watch is not connected to the plan ... Lol. ... frustrating... Sorry for Rogers! for this training for transferring the knowledge between the team.... They wasted 1 week of my time....

I have a Samsung Pro 5 that I bought directly from Samsung in August of 2022.  I have unsuccessfully tried to get Rogers to connect my phone to the watch. (it works with bluetooth but not alone).   I have spent countless hours with tech support and in-store to no avail.   Does anyone have any useful advice to get this working?  Or is this just an exercise in futility?  I refuse to get any ios devices.  

Craigmpak23
I've been here awhile

I can verify this is true.  Same scenario, can't link phone to watch (purchased watch from Samsung directly) .... Watch ends up having a separate number and no matter what they do they can't link it.

Craigmpak23
I've been here awhile

I think the best course of action is to contact Samsung and put pressure on Rogers ... if they have enough complaints maybe something will finally be done.

Craigmpak23
I've been here awhile

I've been waiting for 4 years, they STILL WON'T SUPPORT watches not purchased through them.  I've tried and ended up sending my Samsung Watch 5 pro back to Samsung.  What an absolute joke on Rogers' part.  The watches aren't even online for purchase.  Countless hours wasted, even Rogers tech support refuses to offer any support.  

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around

I was with Eastlink and decided to buy a watch and found out that they don't support smartwatches so I brought all my family's phones to Rogers because the CSR at the store said that Rogers supports Samsung Smartwatches. After finally setting up my phones and we tried to set up my watch. I was able to scan the QR code and it shows that I am connected to the Rogers network but I get an error, "Sim voice not provisioned." or something to that effect. The whole point of migrating all my cell phones to Rogers was to make use of my smartwatch so that I would not need to carry my phone when I at the gym. Some one must have a solution.

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around

So there are no Rogers techs who can answer this question? 

RogersYasmine

Hello Community!

I just wanted to provide some clarification regarding the Samsung smart watch devices. Presently, only smart watches that are purchased directly from a Rogers retail-branded location will be compatible with our network. Once purchased, the store will also assist with pairing and activating the watch in-store.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

shirzady
I've been here awhile

Woow, an absolute joke in Rogers' policy, it mean you lock the watch like10 years ago on the phones and  Rogers forget mention they don't sell Samsung 5 Pro even in their store!!!
I am so sorry for being your customer, because you don't care what customer need in the market and what the other provider doing and you go only your way! I have leases  on my phones and I will leave ASAP...

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around

So...thankfully I bought the smartwatch from Best Buy and they have a 30 day return policy. It turns out that they watch was previously on the Bell network which probably added to why I could not connect. So I went to Rogers store and bought outright a Samsung 5 LTE. We went through all the steps to hook it up; scan QR code on ESim, set up watch on Rogers network but it would not connect to my previous phone number. I live in New Brunswick and they had to assign me a Nova Scotia number. When the tech online tried to check the companion box it wouldn't allow him. I m going to wait until I get back to New Brunswick and change the phone number back to a NB 506 number. Right now my watch is LTE but with 902 number and it won't share my primary number. Frustrating...

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around

I have been in a Rogers store today and yesterday for hours trying to set up the watch and not yet. I call tech and they tell me that the store should be able to solve the problem. I even called when I was at the store. 

Someone has to have been successful in getting a Samsung Smartwatch LTE hooked up and sharing your cell phone number.

Steves8080
I plan to stick around
Yep. Have had it working properly with primary number sharing on LTE since November. 44mm Watch 5, sold by rogers and linked properly at the store. If they put the watch on the right plan, add the imei properly and add the EID it will work.

It's problem at the store and tech support can't fix it if it is activated incorrectly.

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around

I have spent more that 20 hours in the past 3 weeks trying to get my watch to work LTE. I had it working 2x's but it was not with numbershare of my main phone, it would work with the phone number that was assigned to the phone. Then Back Office would disconnect me, here is their mesage:

Due to a technical issue, we were unable to complete the activation of your smartwatch. To make full use of your watch on our network, you’ll need to re-add it to your monthly account. Only Apple Watches can be set up on the Rogers network. Visit rogers.com/apple-watch-activation to re-activate it. We’re sorry for this extra step. You’ll get an email confirming that we’ve cancelled your smartwatch plan and reversed your monthly service fees to date. If you’re still experiencing issues with your Apple Watch, please give us a call at 1-888-ROGERS1.

Sincerely,

Gajendra K.
Back Office Operations

Rogers Communications Inc.

Instead of contacting me and trying to find a solution, they just cancel the line and the plan. I cannot talk to Back Office and I the multiple attempts to buy a new BYOD plan and activate my watch gets me to a screen at a Rogers store where there is a drop down menu of numbers on my account and the watch to link the two together. The problem is...my phone number will not show up but the other 4 do. The store cannot resolve this and neither can the phone support who just read off their screen, "The store is only able to activate your watch:...

I want someone on Rogers to help me not spin me around in circles...

Hello, @johnnycanuk 

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

I can understand how frustrating it has been trying to get your Galaxy Watch activated. We would like to take a closer look at this for you to see if any steps were missed that we can try. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here

RogersTony

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
Do you think this would work with Pixel watch too?

Greetings @JamesBee!

We do not offer or support the Pixel watch. I am sorry.

Regards,

RogersCorey

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around
So my case was escalated and I got a reply yesterday. The caller informed me that because my phone is a non Rogers phone, they are not obligated nor are they going to pursue this any further. So I told the caller that I will be buying a Rogers phone and we will test this theory...

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
That's ridiculous, good luck

Denmurch
I've been around

I had the same experience with others trying to set up my smartwatch on Rogers network. The support was terrible and was told I needed to purchase an esim and then couldn't get a refund on it when it didn't work. The solution for me was to switch to Telus. The switch was easy and even got a cheaper plan. Setting up the smartwatch was really easy and works great.