cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

sam82
I've been here awhile

I don't understand why it has to be so darn complicated to extend a mobile number to 2 IMEIs instead of only one.
Each LTE watch is essentially a smartphone so why can't Rogers do what American careers do by simply assigning a fake number to the esim on the smartwatch and then have calls on the smartphone to extend to this number.
AT&T and Verizon have been doing this for almost 3 years already but here in the back country of Canada, we just have to wait like good little lemmings for the most basic technology.
other providers  aren't any better and even though they have plans for both apple and other smart watches, you still have to buy everything from them for things to work..which sucks too.

Colec
I'm here a lot

No I just moved to another provider with my byods and it works just fine

sam82
I've been here awhile

Yep, this is the last straw for me after 15 years of being with Rogers.
Moving to another provider tommorow morning because Rogers is clearly not interested in retaining loyalty.

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

The issue is not that rogers don't have the lte watch plan to have share number thing,  but they only support FRUIT products but refuse to do that to Android is absolute abysmal.

idh82buus
I plan to stick around
I have been with rogers for over 20 years and I recently bought a samsung watch 4 with lte. It is very upsetting that they are only supporting Apple products but not samsung/Android. I will be switching to another provider unfortunately because I just came across this thread from 2018 that shows me that Rogers doesn't care to make any change to their business as usual. If anyone from Rogers actually care to read this or come across this. You need to start supporting Android devices with lte or you will lose more customers.

sixofour
I've been here awhile
Same! I had 7 different rogers people tell me I could, so I bought a new watch4 LTE from Samsung only to find out it won't connect. They claim they meant it could connect with Bluetooth. Scammers!

whatisthisplace
I plan to stick around

Rogers bluetooth version is the same price as the LTE version too. How much more people would get that watch from Rogers when it obviously appears to be the LTE version? Only to find out it isn't LTE, and can't connect to Rogers even if they did manage to get a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE version.

Switched to Bell, I tried activating an e-sim from rogers using a tablet plan but unfortunately rogers dosen't have numbershare technology so the number on the watch is different and you will have to take a new line if you want to make calls. LTE Data works fine on a tablet e-sim.

Hi Arijit. I would like to know how you did that. I am with Rogers currently and I already have a tablet line in my account. I would love to use that for the watch. Please let me know. 

You can make a esim of your tablet plan and acrivate it on your watch by using Wear app. I asked rogers store to try for me and they were super helpful.

Is there an update on whether samsung watch 4 classic lte will be supported yet?

COMPACTER
I've been here awhile

considering Samsung and android has surpassed apples sales X3, you need to start working on allowing more android options and stop pushing apple products. Fix this android esim issues now.  We don't like apple and want our android devices to operate on this network.

Moulayahmedfadh
I've been around

Hello,
I use to have a apple watch 7 45mm along with an iPhone 13 Pro Max and both worked no problem.
Tired of apple and its limited capabilities I have switched to a galaxy z fold 3 and was forced to change my watch to a watch 4 lte so that they could work together..
However, I have tried everything factory reset, software update,soft reboot, unlinking the esim, getting a new esim but nothing worked.
So it is displaying rogers on my watch and saying that the plan is active, however when the watch is unlinked from my phone via Bluetooth and I try to go on the internet it doesn't allow me, when I try calling I get the following error from the machine:
"We're sorry your home cellular company has not authorized us to provide service.
Please contact your home cellular company for further information"
I have contacted Samsung they insisted that you guys should be able to fix that error for me.

DanielA24
I've been here awhile

Lol. Yup welcome to Canada. I just tried to contact Bell about support for the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 LTE and I got even worse customer service basically suggesting that Apple Watch is the only way to go if you want a cellular smart watch.

Hello, are you trying to do the eSim swapping from a apple watch to Samsung watch? Did you go to my Rogers account to actually switch the eSimfrom apple watch to the new eSim for the Samsung watch? 

Also I think how apple watch handle calls differently as Samsung watch(lte) do. You might need to go to Samsung wearable app setting-> advance-> remote . But I might be wrong on this

DanielA24
I've been here awhile

I just contacted Telus and they allow your cellphone number to slave to your Smart Watch, Apple OR Samsung, Yes same samsung too. https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/samsung-galaxy-watch-faq?linktype=search_searchResult_Samsu...

Only for $10/month for 1GB of Data. Data overrate charges do apply unfortunately. $15 if you want your Smart Watch to have its own number. $32 for Talk and Text vs $35 for the same plan from Rogers.

Hi. Only Bell and Telus will allow voip over lte. I tried both carriers and watches and it works. Sorry! As long as Rogers won't open voip over lte, and watch esim tied to phone, you will be asking Rogers the same question over and over!!!

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

So, I browsing the Rogers website, seems like rogers finally decide to support Samsung watch on LTE now, as they even financing samsung watch 5 with smartwatch plan . anyone try that yet?

PS: so I was on rogers.com/promotion page, the samsung watch 5 LTE tab was showing

but when I try to revisit, that tab disappeared. so stil not sure if it is a glitch or not.

Rogers LTE watch.png

DanielA24
I've been here awhile

I heard on Reddit they offically started supporting the GW series on Aug 29. However online tech support isn't aware and you've got to set it up in store anyways.

Good to know though. Mabye 5 years behind the Americans? lol

DanielA24
I've been here awhile

Could you share the link. I can't find it on their website.

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

Rogers.com/promotions but have to clear your cache/cookie first. Or visit using in private mode on your browser