cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 Ultra 5g access and testing

asdwggfasbadfe
I plan to stick around
I've had my Note 20 Ultra 5g for a couple months now and live in the GTA with a lot of areas that are said to have 5g access. My first question is: does this phone actually show "5g" in the status bar when on 5g or does it stay as LTE+?
I thought it was supposed to say 5g. I've been all over and have never seen it. Although my LTE+ (dual or Tri-Band lte spots) are still insanely fast at good times.. I can get 250-360mbps...but I had that before tbh on previous phone.
Then I thought that maybe because I didn't swap to the new Sim card when I got the phone maybe that was the limiter.. That is something that happens to some but when I check my connections and mobile networks it has the network mode with 5g there and selected auto.. So that should mean my sim is fine.
I've used service mode to do diagnostics in certain area but still appears I only get lte+

Can someone advise me on this and what I should be seeing if I'm supposedly in 5g areas.. Or if new sim is necessary.. Maybe even certain spots in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Milton where there are exact guarantees 5g locations I could test.. I do know 5g is very short range and one has to be very close to 5g spots..
Thabks
Paul C.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Note 20 Ultra 5g access and testing

RogersZia

Good evening @asdwggfasbadfe,

You've brought up great questions! From personal experience, I can assure you that you will see 5G displayed on your screen if you're in the coverage area and connected to a 5G network.

Couple things of note, to access our 5G network you’ll need a Rogers Infinite plan . You’ll be able to access 5G at no extra charge. Of course you'll need to be in an area with 5G coverage

If you already have a Rogers Infinite plan and aren't able to connect to 5G network it could be because your device is connecting to an HSPA+ or 4G LTE network, as that network’s signal is stronger. Or if you're in an Extended Coverage area or roaming outside of Canada.

Check out our 5G on the Rogers Network - FAQs page for more info.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Note 20 Ultra 5g access and testing

RogersZia

Good evening @asdwggfasbadfe,

You've brought up great questions! From personal experience, I can assure you that you will see 5G displayed on your screen if you're in the coverage area and connected to a 5G network.

Couple things of note, to access our 5G network you’ll need a Rogers Infinite plan . You’ll be able to access 5G at no extra charge. Of course you'll need to be in an area with 5G coverage

If you already have a Rogers Infinite plan and aren't able to connect to 5G network it could be because your device is connecting to an HSPA+ or 4G LTE network, as that network’s signal is stronger. Or if you're in an Extended Coverage area or roaming outside of Canada.

Check out our 5G on the Rogers Network - FAQs page for more info.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation