cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

I've gotten the update.

Mate 20 Pro? And when if I may ask

steeler
I've been here awhile

Anyone with a Mate 20 Pro get the update or is it just P series folks that have received it?

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
Rogers pulled the update off there schedule today

Hi!

It seems that Rogers remove updates from their schedule once the initial availability date has passed even if the updates have not been completely deployed to all devices. I sent off a request a few weeks back asking that they consider including "past updates" either in the main update list or as a second section within that list. I've been told that they're looking into it and that it's been requested by others as well. Here's a snip from the PM I received from Rogers:

"I've actually submitted this exact same suggestion myself. I'd personally like to see us keep all the updates available on the schedule and only wipe it occasionally for this exact same reason you stated. Consider your feedback heard and submitted!"

So the fact the the P30 and P30 Pro EMUI 10/Android 10 updates are no longer showing doesn't mean that the update has been pulled from distribution. It just means that they're no longer "in the future" so they're not showing in the list.

Cheers,

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
Anyone receiving Android 10 on there Mate 20 Pro?

Hello, @michael-r4

I can understand your desire to have Android 10 on your device, I always like to get the latest updates as soon as it's available for my device.

The rollout of Android 10 by Huawei for the Mate 20 Pro is ongoing until February 5th, 2020. If you have not received a notification to update your device by that date, let us know so we can investigate it for you.

Thanks so much for your patience!

RogersTony

Frustrating. I am still waiting for the update on my P30 Pro.

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
According to there schedule they have 5 days to get this right and get it done. If they would open up the gate and update more than 2 devices at a time I'm sure the customer loyalty would improve

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
Numerous forums online indicating MMS is not working as it should. Can't send or receive messages with the new EMUI 10 update. That is a problem

vink99
I've been here awhile
Feb 3 and still no update for my P30 Pro.

I was having the same issue so I went to the Huawei support page and found a solution to the problem. I have already followed the instructions and successfully upgraded to emui 10.
Here is a link to the page:
https://consumer.huawei.com/ca/support/phones/p30-pro/

steeler
I've been here awhile

OS 10 is finally available for Mate 20 Pro.  Currently downloading.

Jeggstar
I've been here awhile
Mate 20 Pro in Mississauga here, nothing yet 😞

Finally noticed EMUI 10 available for download on my P30 Pro.  Will wait till tonight to download just in case something goes wrong and "bricks" my phone.  Will be in touch ...

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
Got it about 5:00 pm this evening. So far no issues. Hope your next on the list

rhnaks
I'm here a lot

Installed EMUI 10 two days ago. So far so good. First day it appeared battery usage was higher. I've since hard-restarted phone a couple of times and battery consumption appears better.

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
No problems on my end yet although picture messages take forever to send or receive

sears1953
I've been here awhile

How do I remove/uninstall Android 10 and revert to Android 9 on a Rogers Huawei P30 Pro phone. Please offer your help...Rogers' CSRs do not know how to complete this task...

michael-r4
I plan to stick around
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/hisuite/ . Follow the instructions it's easy. You need to install this software on your PC

Av3ngeme
I've been here awhile

Can someone tell me why I never received an update to 9.1 for my P20 Pro but my wife did with the exact same phone on Rogers? These are security updates that should be pushed out to ALL phones

Also I have no wifi calling option all of a sudden and I'm positive I used to have the feature, a Google search shows that wifi calling was pushed in an update to P20 pro phones in 2019.

What's going on Rogers?