cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

leadsuxx
I plan to stick around
Has anyone had the update pushed to your phone in the Toronto area? I live in Ajax and still haven't received it yet.

stacher
I plan to stick around
I'm in Hamilton, and nothing for me yet. Checked on phone and HiSuite

Sean2019
I've been around
In Guelph, no OTA or HiSuite update yet

jlkjlk
I plan to stick around
Scarborough Ontario, nothing as of 11:14am Jan 20....

Trendhoor
I plan to stick around
Still nothing OTA or via Hisuite in Brantford.

jlkjlk
I plan to stick around

it's the 21st tomorrow, I wonder what's the reason this time around...

For those who upgraded to EMUI 9, how's the gesture experience? Is it comparable to the iphone X?

stacher
I plan to stick around
I am wondering the same thing. I would like to continue using this device, and it is less than 1year old. Considering all the issues we've had getting software updates in the past while, this is a disheartening experience to say the least and it makes you wish you bought an iPhone.

i am at Halifax and my p20 pro got updates on 1/18/19 . It's butter smooth new volume slider , New settings arrangements ,and digital life and a lot of new stuff

stacher
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the update.  It seems that most areas outside of Ontario were successful in getting the update.  I hope it comes to the rest of us. 

I'm in Calgary and no update here. The whole explanation of "server" problems sounded fishy from the start. I am not holding my breath for any updates

mr-auto
I'm here a lot

Im in Winnipeg and no update here either for the p20 pro I called Huawei Canada yesterday and they told me the updates are released in batches and to just wait I should have it by Jan21/2019.That answer for me just made up my mind when im able to upgrade again for a decent price  I will be getting a Google phone.    

jlkjlk
I plan to stick around

Huawei is not worse than Sammy in terms of update, but it doesn't mean that's acceptable....

I think Huawei should have tone down on the EMUI 9 update announcement, and surprise the users when the update arrives. I think it's al about setting expectations. 

Screenshot_20190120_212554.jpg

Screenshot_20190120_223418_com.huawei.parentcontrol.jpg

When did you receive your update Tony and was it by OTA

stacher
I plan to stick around
Well, it's nowvthe 21st and still no update via OTA or HiSuite. I wonder the reason this time. I am wondering if one of the moderators would care to help us on this? This whole experience has been disheartening to say the least with only a small number of users receiving this update.

mr-auto
I'm here a lot
Same here 21st and still no update will have to wait till the end of the day to see if what Huawei Canada told me on the 18th holds any water.

stacher
I plan to stick around
I guess time will tell. Still nothing on my end and I am wondering if the support team is willing to let us know why only a small portion of us received it and most of us have not yet.

jlkjlk
I plan to stick around

or maybe we are the minority and exception to the rule? LOL, it's just happened we are the only one who didn't receive the update and making posts on the forum.

On another note. If pushing via OTA is killing the bandwidth or whatever, Huawei should have released a downloadable version to be installed via the HiSuite desktop application.  However, I have never seen any manufactures issue updates this way

I doubt everyone here will get the update by end of day today tho. 

jlkjlk
I plan to stick around

@RogersDarrell

Any update? LOL

I received on 18th MORNING 6 OCLOCK and it was OTA