Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Huawei OS updates

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Huawei

Hello @revhappy,

Thank you for creating this new thread! I know how much of a buzz Huawei is making these days, especially in North American markets. 😃

In regards to the July 9th security update, it is sent out in batches so it could take time for every device to get updated. Hopefully, your device receives the update within the next week or so. If there have been any issues with the update there could be delays but we will do our best to ensure the OS Upgrade Schedule is up-to-date.

If there is anyone in the Community who has received the update on their P20 device or has any comments feel free to chime in!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

I've just ordered the pro version of this product and awaiting delivery. This information it's good to know prior to receiving my product.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony

I recieved the update for my P20 Pro around the 24-25.

I feel as though security updates should just be pushed asap because sometimes being a month behind can lead to massive vulnerabilities.

I can understand complete OS upgrades needing time as those will mess with basebands and you'll need to ensure all are working for the Rogers network.

Last point is that the P20 Pro is on Android 8.1 not 8.0 so to people not technically inclined looking at the OS Upgrade List, they may assume their device won't get the update.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Huawei OS updates

Why does it always take so long for updates to get pushed to my phone?

It's now the end of September and I still haven't received the security update from August.

It would be nice if I knew that my phone was secure.

Good morning @leadsuxx!

Welcome to our Community!

I know that security updates are important... and they're especially important to our security-minded Android users!

Which model Huawei device are you using? Please let us know so we can provide you with the next steps!

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

RogersCorey

I am using the Huawei P20 Pro.

Do you know when the next update should be available?

@RogersCorey wrote:

Good morning @leadsuxx!

Welcome to our Community!

I know that security updates are important... and they're especially important to our security-minded Android users!

Which model Huawei device are you using? Please let us know so we can provide you with the next steps!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Retired Moderator RogersAli
Retired Moderator

Hey @leadsuxx

Thank you for providing us with your phone's make and model.

As per our OS Upgrade Schedule which can be found here, the August Security Update for Huawei P20 Pro is available now to be downloaded. 

This is great news, Just as an FYI, the update is sent out in batches so it could take time for every device to get updated. I am confident, you will receive your update soon. 

Thanks for your patience. 

RogersAli

I've Been Here Awhile

I just got my new phone and was surprised/disappointed that it does not support wifi calling (although on the website it says it does).  Is this a rogers thing and when will it be fixed?

Hey @murrayross,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums, we're glad to have you! Thanks for the post and congrats on getting your new phone, that's very exciting!! 😀

You mentioned that the Wi-Fi Calling feature does not work on your new Huawei. Can you please clarify which model you have?

Kind regards,

RogersLaura