cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers usually do pre-orders for Pixel devices? I know usually Samsung and Apple but wasn't sure on Pixel.  Looks like it will be available on Nov 1st in Canada and I want to make sure to have WiFi Calling so would rather order from Rogers.

Thanks,

Jerome

*** Edited Labels ***

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Kuurus
I'm here a lot
I believe it's on by default, no ?

bob01
I'm here a lot

It's not - not visible in phone settings and no option to screen call when being prompted to accept an incoming call.
A bit of searching seems to indicate that this feature is US only at this time.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@bob01 wrote:

It's not - not visible in phone settings and no option to screen call when being prompted to accept an incoming call.
A bit of searching seems to indicate that this feature is US only at this time.

Hey be happy you actually have a device...lol It is a bit dissapointing it's not there.

How about Wifi calling is that working from the get go?

Kuurus
I'm here a lot

bob01
I'm here a lot

Yup - got lucky, the mailman was early

There is no Phone -> Settings -> Screen Call option -  hope this changes soon, was one of the main reasons for upgrading from the 2XL

Would love to hear if anyone else who's received theirs is seeing the same thing.

zombiejc
I plan to stick around

The call screen option is supposed to be coming to the pixel and pixel 2 in November. I assume that may just be in the States if it's not on the Canadian devices.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@bob01 wrote:

Yup - got lucky, the mailman was early

There is no Phone -> Settings -> Screen Call option -  hope this changes soon, was one of the main reasons for upgrading from the 2XL

Would love to hear if anyone else who's received theirs is seeing the same thing.

I haven't received any shipping details yet and I ordered on Oct 9th ship to home 😞 

CAn you please confirm if WiFi calling is available?

bob01
I'm here a lot

No, my device does not...

- received the verification code from Rogers as part of the setup, got the response below after entering it...

"Unfortunately your device isn't eligible for Rogers Wi-Fi Calling. Please reach us ..."

My device was ordered directly from google so mb this is exclusive to Rogers supplied phones - good luck!

bob01
I'm here a lot

Confirmed w/ Rogers (very helpful btw)

- no wi-fi calling for non-Rogers issued devices - IMEI not in their DB, no process to have your phone added if it didn't come from them.

... so you should be good to go w/ your Rogers issued device

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@bob01 wrote:

Confirmed w/ Rogers (very helpful btw)

- no wi-fi calling for non-Rogers issued devices - IMEI not in their DB, no process to have your phone added if it didn't come from them.

... so you should be good to go w/ your Rogers issued device

Oh you pre-ordered but not from Rogers? That might explain some of the difference.

bob01
I'm here a lot

Yes - usually pre-order from Rogers (and hang out in this group on launch day 🙂  ) but this one came directly from the google store.

Next time...

Sevael
I've been here awhile
Does the free Pixel Stand only come with pre-orders or do you also get it if you just did the device reservation?

I pre-ordered the 3 XL on one line and it arrived today and I got the code for the stand. But I had also done a device reservation on another line and that one hasn't shipped out yet (it was reserved several days ago). I'm curious if the reserved one will also get a code for the free stand.

Kuurus
I'm here a lot
I confirm I do not have the option either.

After some digging, it's a USA only feature for now. No mention about spreading it to the rest of the world.

Considering it's a big feature touted by Google, it sucks big time that it's not worldwide, even if I only in english

IainS
I plan to stick around
i just went into the store in the mall picked up a 128GB XL white, also got a free tablet and some other goodies and a good deal on the upgrade compared to what is offered online.
The only thing i find strange is that it is on september security patch level with no updates available.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@IainS wrote:
i just went into the store in the mall picked up a 128GB XL white, also got a free tablet and some other goodies and a good deal on the upgrade compared to what is offered online.
The only thing i find strange is that it is on september security patch level with no updates available.

Lucky you! I would do the same thing since I haven't heard anything on my pre-order that I made Oct 9th 😞 however I don't want to lose out on the free Pixel Stand. This is very annoying.

blaker999
I've been here awhile

So Rogers can't tell me anything about when I am going to receive but won't let me cancel my order and roll back my account changes because I have been assigned an IMEI number.

Kind of ridiculous that stores have stock in the model that I preordered but mine sits in a warehouse in Mississauga.

AJB
I've been here awhile

I did not get any notification of shipping, just got a "We missed you" from UPS. I did not have a chance to arrange to me home (I would have), and because I have plans to go out of town right from work I wont be able to get mine until Monday.

Granted its a 1st world problem, but I pre-ordered. I didnt order to get it after it was available in stores.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

Well you both are doing better than me because I don't have a new IMEI assigned and I don't have a UPS delivery 😞

BRUTAL ROGERS!!!!

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

Honestly I was expecting this. I pre-ordered on Oct 10th, I have yet to receive any additional information from Rogers. I pre-ordered my Pixel XL from Rogers 2 years ago and I didn't get it till the 5th of November. Not sure why I was expecting anything different.

Only reason why I'm not completely upset is that even though I have to wait a few extra days, I atleast get the pixel stand out of it.

Edit: I see the harsh language was edited out, my apologies.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I called today and of course they couldn't give me any info. I asked them how is it that I gave them $857 3 weeks ago to get the device first yet they can't give me any details at all and she said that's how it is, nothing they can do.

I will be taking this device back whenever I receive it and will return it.

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

It is my understanding that there were a large portion of devices in the UK that were recalled due to screen and speaker issues. People are reporting delays on the November 1st shipping date. Wondering if this is also causing carrier delay in Canada as it seems devices being shipped via google are unaffected.

Topic Stats