cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers usually do pre-orders for Pixel devices? I know usually Samsung and Apple but wasn't sure on Pixel.  Looks like it will be available on Nov 1st in Canada and I want to make sure to have WiFi Calling so would rather order from Rogers.

Thanks,

Jerome

*** Edited Labels ***

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

b-ry
I'm a reliable contributor

FWIW, I was in the same boat with my Pixel 2,ultimately at the end I purchased directly from Google (i really didn't want a black or white phone).
so I've been using Wi-Fi Calling, VoLTE, and all the other goodies on my non Rogers device just fine. Given the software nature of Pixel devices, I would assume the Pixel 3, once released and supported by Rogers, Wi-Fi Calling will be available to non Rogers bought devices too

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

Managed to pre-order a Pixel XL 128GB in Clearly White, kept my same plan (Premium Tab $120/month for 10GB and unlimited Canada wide) so it was $759+tax.

Chose the ship to home option, first time not going to pickup a preorder at a store not sure how I will like not seeing any pre-order queue or get any notifications until the day before or day of availability.

qa6
I plan to stick around

I pre ordered the Pixel3 XL black to be picked up in store. Says I'm 23rd in place. I was just curious the 40$ reservation cost does that come off the cost of the phone which was 229$? I'm doing an upgrade.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@qa6 I just looked at my bill from Sept 2017 when I had pre-ordered the Note 8 using ship to store and I see a $40 credit on my bill refunding the reservation fee after I picked it up.

qa6
I plan to stick around

@JeromeM wrote:
@qa6I just looked at my bill from Sept 2017 when I had pre-ordered the Note 8 using ship to store and I see a $40 credit on my bill refunding the reservation fee after I picked it up.

Oh yes you are correct, when I pre-ordered my pixel2 last year I was credited.

jefflessard
I plan to stick around

I did the same (ship home), and now I understand why I have not received anything beside an email thanking me for my order (and the amount paid) and that I will receive a tracking number when the device has shipped.

All seems correct?

thanks,

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jefflessard

All ship to home orders only get a thanking u for the order. The next email will be the shipment email with the tracking number!

Only ship to store orders have a status and Que number.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

You are alive! I guess not a lot of pre-order activity for this device which is surprising, like the ole Blackberry Preorder days lol

Shinnyx
I've been here awhile
Pre-Order & Device Balance (Pixel 3XL)

Hi,

I want to pre-order the Pixel 3 XL ASAP to benefit from the free Google Pixel Stand including with each pre-order.

I currently have a device balance (62.50$)

If I preorder the phone now and choose to pay right now to get it faster, Rogers asks me to pay the full device balance as of today, 12th october. Even if I might even get the device in 3-4 weeks from now.

Will I get credited the difference between the device balance I paid upfront today and the remaining balance I would have when I actually get the device in 3-4 weeks? I mean, it's kinda shady to make me pay the full amount of my device balance when I just make a preorder on a phone that isn't released yet. Is there any way to avoid that?

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Shinnyx

The only way to avoid the is by doing a device reservation to the store for pick up.

Unfortunately when you do ship to home orders it acts like a upgrade done that day. So you pre order a phone it it does the upgrade as ofthe day u order it. So it will charge u everything that. You just have to wait for the phone to come in. All carriers do this unfortunately.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Not sure that's accurate, I had a $255 device balance + the $759 device price for a total of $1014+tax for the upgrade. What they charged me up front on my credit card was only the $759 +tax and all it does is add that amount to your account so now I show a balance of -$858.

jefflessard
I plan to stick around
Same for me. I now have a negative balance in my account. So I guess it is ok than.

TsarStarTartare
I've been here awhile
Hi @Meowmix

Just pre-ordered a Pixel 3XL online to ship directly to me. When can I expect the device to ship?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @TsarStarTartare

Usually they start shipping them out the day before the launch or the day of. 🙂

TsarStarTartare
I've been here awhile
@Meowmix thanks so much!

IainS
I plan to stick around
on or after December 1st for the XL.

IainS
I plan to stick around

Just went today to check out the devices at Best Buy cause they have them on display now, was a little disappointed to hear only the pixel 3 is releasing in Canada on November 1st, the pixel 3 XL will be released on December 1st in Canada.

jefflessard
I plan to stick around
That's not good.

npisano
I'm here a lot

I think that's a mistake on Best Buy's part. The pre-order bonus is only available until October 31, indicating a November 1 release (and that's the same on Telus and Bell's websites). Also, on the XDA website many people (from Canada, to clarify) who ordered from Google are showing delivery dates from November 1. I would be seriously surprised and disappointed with a December 1 release. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

IainS
I plan to stick around
hopefully the Google guy at best buy was wrong, but he was a google rep not a best buy rep. Thursday will tell i guess. I also look at the google shop website and the XL shows a 4 week delivery when pre ordering.
Topic Stats