Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

@scdoyle   as @Meowmix  mentioned earlier, they don't care!! and it's very misleading.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It's unfortunate that they seem to be prioritizing stores vs ship to home pre-orders.

In any case, I'm sure we'll all see our new devices in the next few days. I'm in no great rush, but as I said in my earlier post, I'll be glad to have a battery that lasts more than a few hours without requiring a charge. My current phone isn't doing so well for battery longevity.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

For sure, a few days delay is not a major issue in the grand scheme of things.  However I am generally impressed with Rogers' customer service, their website, their app, but this pre-order process seems a bit amateur.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Absolutely. Way to kill hype for a phone and service provider
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@scdoyle I couldn't agree more. One of the main reason I am still with rogers is their Customer Service. Their MyRogers app/website are both top of the field from what I can see. And the fact their data tracking is "real-time" and their offers like Rogers GameCentre Live and free Spotify accounts is awesome. Also Rogers "Roam Like Home" is super handy as well. They also have a pretty awesome online chat customer service.

But everything to do with this pre-order seems WAY underdeveloped and in no way professional. We are ordering devices $1000+, and other than a plain text email saying the order was received, we know absolutely nothing about the status of our order, it doesn't even show on the account. This is the only time I have ever made a purchase (let alone a pre-order) and not had ANY sort of transparency or information on my order.

Sad that things need to be this way, but based on what @Meowmix has said, this isn't going to change.... 😞

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@scdoyle wrote:

For sure, a few days delay is not a major issue in the grand scheme of things.  However I am generally impressed with Rogers' customer service, their website, their app, but this pre-order process seems a bit amateur.

Agreed. This order process is rather vague and lacks any type of transparency. Nowhere else do you order something online and have absolutely no record of your transaction available, pre-order or not.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Crunchmeister  worst part is their customer also don't have any idea. they can only see as much as we can.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I actually specifically ordered through Corporate (RogersDirect.ca) just so I can look up the order and see the status. The problem is it still says "pre-fulfillment" so now I realize I'd rather have 0 transparency and actually get the phone earlier than wait an extra week or two which apparently Rogers Business customers have had to do in the past..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Crunchmeister if you don't mind me asking, did you pre-order the All Black, or the White/Black Pixel 2 XL. I feel like the colour is going to make a difference in the pre-order shipment. I feel us who ordered the Black/White one will have to wait a little longer due to the demand of that colour.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi folks,

I'm in the same "ship to home" boat as many here and yes it's been a poor experience. However I just noticed that in the past few hours my MyRogers profile has been updated. Instead of showing my current iPhone 6 as my current device, it shows the Pixel 2 XL! I can even see the IMEI number.

It's not much, but it's a great sign. 🙂