Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Thanks, I've stopped using the s7 edge due to band 12 having issues and I bought out a zte axon 7. Liking it more and best of all no issues. I will pop my sim into the s7 and give this a shot.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sure.

1. Open the dailpad on your phone.

2. Dial *#2263#

3. Pick "1 - Band Selection" from the screen that appears.

4. The Band Selection screen gives me options from 1 to 9 for various bands, then it has A, B, and C at the bottom after 9. Option A is listed as "WCDMA/GSM", B is "LTE/TDS/GSM" and C is "LTE/WCDMA/GSM".

5. Chose C and phone's connection turns off for a few seconds, then comes back on with full LTE signal.

After I did this I haven't had a single missed SMS message or disruption in data so far.

I Plan to Stick Around

Spoke too soon. Band C just crapped out on me during my lunch break at work.

Going to give B a try.

I Plan to Stick Around

Band B just dropped out all the way to Edge network so that's out.

I found LTE band 17 preferred under the "automatic" menu selection so I'll give that a shot.

I talked to Samsung support as well and after them recommending a factory reset, me resetting the phone and seeing no improvement, they gave me the name and number of a service center to take the phone in to get a warranty repair done. So I'll be doing that next.

I'm Here A Lot

My device hasn't dropped data all too much since the recent updates. The latest update seems to have brought on more drops but its still marginal. However I've noticed that whenever I'm on the phone with someone and try to use data it never seems to work. Any thoughts?

I'm Here A Lot

This is absolutely rediculous, no one should have to mess with these advanced settings to get a stable signal. I had a Note7 and obviously had to return it... since getting an S7 Edge as a replacment I have to do daily reboots, sometimes twice a day just to keep the phone on the network. This phone is like $1000, there is no way Rogers can just pretend theres nothing wrong. I am an ecalation point for on call at my work and I can't trust that my phone hasn't silently dropped off the network and stopped recieving calls. My previous phone was a Note 5 and that phone never had an issue, neither did the Note 7. I have a lot of money invested in Samsung accessories, so I don't want to move away from this device, but it is literally driving me crazy... it's an awesome pocket computer, but one of the worst phones ever as I can't rely on it to make calls or stay connected. Worse the phone continues to indicate half to full bars reception despite have 0 connectivity data, text or voice. I refuse to be given a refurb device after spending this much money on a brand new phone, so I feel like I am completely screwed. I can't even give this device to my wife, because she isn't savvy enough to work through the constant connectivity problems. I'll guess I'll have to call support and hope for the best, but might have to unlock this device and sell it to someone on a network that works.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya pretty much what I've learned from this whole situation is to stay away from Rogers. Samsung and Rogers don't go together well, but I like Samsung phones too much so I'm just never going to sign with Rogers ever again once my contract is up. This decision won't change even if they fix the issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree completely. I have business lines, 4 of them and we all had s7 edges. Since signing 6 months ago, none of us are still using them. 2 were traded outside of rogers with an HTC 10 and lg g5. One of the others, after over 20 hours spent back and forth between rogers came back with nada. After filing a CRTC complaint the got to me really quickly and swapped the device within a week with a refurbished iPhone 7.... I still have my S7 edge as I've put a lot into skins and accessories, but I'm not using it as it drops connection. This is a known issue to them and there is a master ticket, but they won't do anything about it. They're network is just to unstable. I was with bell for 10 years and never had a drop in signal, I'm now running a dual sim phone with both networks and the bell one is 3 times faster for data so I just use it for data now and rogers for calls
I'm Here A Lot

This is the reason for my outrage. Rogers know they don't work properly yet plaster advertising about the S7/S7 Edge all over the TV and internet. If they don't work, stop selling it. Samsung should stop selling these devices to Rogers as it makes their phones look terrible. If I didn't have friends with S7s that worked fine on other networks, I'd blame Samsung myself as well. How has the CRTC not stepped in on this? 

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been asking around my office and there's another guy with the S7 Edge on Rogers who has the exact same issue we're all describing here. Another co-worker has the exactl same phone as me but is on Telus and sits about 10 feet away. No connection dropouts for her.

This is definitely a serious issue that will only get more exposure as more and more people start using the s7 and s7 edge with Rogers. What's going to happen when people start getting in trouble at work or aren't reachable in emergencies because their phone decided to drop out at the wrong time.

I love the S7 and refuse to give it up for the pixel or an iphone *shudder*.

Does anyone have the master ticket number handy? I'm contemplating using it to launch a CRTC complaint myself.