Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwc472
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Glad to hear it.  I waited 6 weeks and went from 77 to 44.  After 6 weeks of being promised repeatedly that I'd get the 512, last week they thought my account had been attacked so they suspended it.  In such a case they automatically cancel all pending orders.  The Customer Service Rep I dealt with said there was no way to get me back into the queue but he could place an order now and have it delivered to my house in a couple of days and I could take it to the store and trade in my old phone and get the apps and data migrated.  Two days later I got a phone call from Rogers apologizing but telling me that there were no 512s left in the warehouse and they wouldn't be getting anymore but that I should try calling stores.  I did so unsuccessfully then walked over to Telus but was told there would be at least a two week wait.  Rather than have Telus screw me as well I decided I'd live with the 256 and went back to Rogers although it goes against my nature to reward this sort of behavior.  The people at the store couldn't have been nicer or more helpful which went some way to make up for the rest of it.  Absolutely the worst retail experience I've ever had.

Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I got a credit. The agent I spoke to was super helpful. The credit appeared on my bill.
As far as the price I got it with upfront edge and it's costing me a lot,  if I want to keep it it's 800$.

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone got an email from Samsung asking to verify IMEI number proof of purchase for the promo?  They are revieiwing orders of the S21 for the promo and if you've been included in the promo.  I sent information regarding all the mention requirements, and then they emailed back saying they need proof of purchase from Telus?  I said Rogers in my email which I guess they can't read, then they want the IMEI number again and proof of purchase? HUH it's on finance I gave that info now they want Telus to email them HUH?  Have I been scammed and my IMEI number is now owned by someone else?  HELP !

RogersCorey

Hello @GaryD!

My name is Corey and I am concerned that you may have replied to a phishing email.

Are you able to check the email address that this email came from or have you since deleted the email?

Regards,

RogersCorey

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, I have kept a reply of the emails seems that this person is from Samsung.  Also I have noted to the person emailing me that I have given out my Imei number already and I don't need to send it to them.  I also indicated to the person that the IMEI should indicated when it was activated and they should know when the phone was sent out to Rogers.  I also gave them an email attached with the finance charge Rogers has given me as an indicator of the proof, but that for some reason was overlooked.  I'm very cautious but I didn't believe this would of been a phishing email but then again how are we to know these days.

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Having talked to a Rogers Rep sometime in Feb. when I received my new S21 ultra and how samsung had screwed  me over with the EarBuds.  The Rogers Rep was helpful in that she was helping me with a Tablet offer, but I knew that tablet offer would include a subsidy of $10 a month in a sense she wasn't all that honest with me.  The offer from Samsung is for EarBuds Pro for approx. 300 CAD but the tablet if I would buy at a local Best Buy would be about 250 CAD.  I don't need the subsidy for a sim card on the tablet I can tether.  So with my big disappointment I had been led to believe that I was being helped out with a tablet from Rogers to compensate in a sense offered me a free tablet for the trouble, instead I was on the hook for $10 month on a 100MB plan for 2 years for a tablet I could of bought for 250 in one go.  OMG  Am I feeling stupid now and how I thought Rogers would compensate for a stupid mistake that Samsung would of duped people to get the phone early.  The other stupid error on my part is I knew full well that I would be on the hook to finish off my current plan at 285 remaining to get a new phone upgrade.  So on the hook for 285 Samsung screwed me over with the earbuds which I could of bought anyways, paid early to get the upgrade all because I thought I was getting the earbuds.  So if anyone could see my dilemma please please as a note to anyone upgrading early to get a new product don't and if an offer is too good to encompass every early upgrade then it must be.  As for Rogers Rep please make sure that the customer understand they are not getting something for free.  I've been a loyal Rogers customer for over 15  years and I'm not sure why I was being duped in this way about a free tablet with no subsidy except only to give me a subsidy.  $10 a month is not much if locked into a 2 year $10 a month the access fee as well.  So after getting a heart attack seeing a 1000 plus bill I turned redder than the sun and was nuclear, at least I was able to talk to a Rep before I was able to nuke my office.

RogersLaura

Hello @GaryD,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the rest of the community. I'm saddened to hear that it was a disappointing one for you as that is never our intent. 😞 We absolutely appreciate your business and loyalty over the years, it means a lot!

I'm really disheartened to hear that you felt 'duped' when you were sold the tablet by the agent. Being open and transparent is something we always strive for. The tablet offer on financing does allow you to pay $0 upfront, however, you are still required to pay off the subsidy of the tablet via a monthly financing charge which is added to your bill. We do have a limited time offer which provides a 24 month discount off of the monthly service fee for the data plan, so perhaps this is where the confusion lies? There should have been an email confirmation sent to you with the terms and conditions of the offer clearly outlined--did you happen to receive it?

If the order was placed directly with an agent by phone or via Live Chat or Social Media, you do have up to 30 days to return the tablet and the line will be cancelled. If it was done in-store, you have up to 15 days to return it to the same location it was purchased at. When returning hardware, you must return the purchased equipment in "like new" condition, including all original parts, components and packaging. In addition, you must remove all device passwords and account locks, if applicable. Please bring any necessary paperwork with you if returning it back to a retail location and have your photo ID ready.

If you meet the conditions to return a device, you may be eligible for: 

• Refund of the hardware cost.
  • Credit for the unused portion of the monthly plan and one-time fees, if you are cancelling the associated service.

Hopefully, this provides some clarification. 

Thank you,

RogersLaura

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Laura, thanks I've written this email before I had a chance to talk to a rep about my situation.  Things have been ironed out and should be back to normal soon hopefully.  I'd like to also let the community know that this was a case of being nuclear and really upset at what Samsung  has done to us loyal Samsung customers.  I think the blame should be on Samsung for basically duping  us into upgrading early and the fiasco of us not getting the earbuds promised baited for us to jump the gun.  Had I known that they are pretending all 17500 has been taken give me a break they decided this figure because what that's all they need to break even or to get that many out as early as possible?  So the intention, from my opinion is to get us to buy early to get the interest going and then deal with the fact we'll never get the promo.  So we buy a phone worth upwards of $2000 no charger no earbuds no micro-sd card slot, no headphone jack, and then stiff us from getting ear buds?  I think Samsung is becoming way too greedy and I think they are following in apples ways of manipulating people to buy.  This is not the Samsung I used to know and it seems that greed is our doing I hope they come around and  honor the people that bought the phones early all of them not 17500.  So math goes like this giving away only 17500 yet there will be over 100k unsold in BestBuy or stores and sold how many S21 to people who jump the gun early at the price of $2000 appox.  Where is the logic in that?

Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Laura,

I don't know if you have taken time to read this whole forum but we all feel duped.

I pre-ordered the Galaxy S21 Ultra 512GB online on January 28th after trying to do it with an agent.

I got 1 email to say an order had been made. The email had no confirmation number. Then it was silence for 2 weeks.

After reading about the issues other clients were having and realising that I would probably receive the device too late to redeem the Galaxy Buds Pro and the Galaxy Tags I called customer service. Everytime I called or chatted I got conflicting information. The only accurate information I was consistently getting was here, on the forum, from other clients.

Nobody ever contacting me to tell me that the 512GB model was no longer available. I learned that on the forum from another customer.

I made an official complaint which didn't receive an answer for over 1 week. In the meantime I had the chance to talk to an agent who fixed everything for me. After he fixed my issues I got a reply about my complaint which said the complete opposite of what the agent had done. On top of that the person who replied to my complaint took the liberty to change my order to a 256GB without first confirming with me. The reason I had ordered the 512GB wasn't for the storage. It was because it's the only model with 16GB of RAM. So if it wasn't available I would've gone with the 128GB.

Yet when I received my device it was actually the 512GB.

When I had the chance to talk to the agent who was really helpful I was seriously considering cancelling my service with Rogers. He is the only reason I stayed.

Rogers needs to do better. If you say that the first 17 000 people to pre-order or order a device get a promo you need to honor that. I was penilised because I pre-ordered the most expensive device yet someone who walked into a Rogers store 10 days after I pre-ordered and gets the S21 Ultra 128GB gets the promo. How is that fair.

Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

I disagree. The figure of 17500 was written in the initial offer.

It's not Samsung's fault that Rogers was unable to get us our devices on time. This is 100% Rogers responsibility. The promo should have gone to the 17500 first people who pre-ordered or ordered and not to the first 17500 people who got their phones