cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

iain1967
I plan to stick around

I have never pre-ordered before but I have for the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Do Rogers generally ship on the official release day (01/29/21)?

I see online other carriers have already shipped some S21.

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

ex0de
I plan to stick around
Yep I can't comment either on samsung page: "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."

GaryD
I plan to stick around

As for the ability to comment on the actual membership community what is the purpose if we are a  member and we can't  post or reply on said articles?  Is this just a marketing game for Samsung to feed us lies and misinformation only to get us to buy a product and claim that the offer is now null and void by the membership app?

GaryD
I plan to stick around

After multiple calls to Rogers Customer Service and Retention I've come to the conclusion Samsung doesn't care about its customers and especially their loyal ones.  If they do appreciate them they really have a real weird way of stiffing them to buy their latest and greatest after a few sold they just ignore the rest.  We can't all lay blame on Rogers because after the multiple calls I've made in over the decade and half I've been with Rogers I have yet one Representative hang up on me mid conversation intentionally, even so much as being irate with a Rogers Rep I have never been hung up on and intentionally put on mute.  The conversations I've had with a Samsung's customer service seems to be reading from a script and one actually hung up on me while explaining my dilemma.  So the target of the blame here is Samsung and their lack of moral standing when dealing with a customer base as loyal as many of us here at Rogers.  I think for their own self interest I would assume they'd take notice of our anger towards their reluctance to extend the offer until said date of Feb 12th when the offer does potentially end and not before.  The correct course of action for them is to honor all sales and pre-orders before Feb12th when the actual date of redeemable for the sales and upgrade to the new phone, and there after only those vouchers are redeemable before the 28th.  If anyone is to alleviate the situation with this debacle it would be Samsung, so Rogers can't really have a say and the only thing I think Rogers can do is to put pressure and all of us on Samsung.

ex0de
I plan to stick around

@GaryDwhile I totally agree with your suggestion of how they should of handled the issue properly, I can't let rogers off the hook like that. I bought my phone from Rogers, from their website where the promotion was available until only a few days ago. I had no idea this was a "samsung offer".  Imagine all the people seeing the promotion on rogers website a few days ago and buying, thinking they'll get the gifts when us who "pre-ordered" a month ago didn't even get them.
I gave rogers my money and I'm a rogers customer not samsung. If anyone has to make this right is rogers not samsung. If I had bought the phone directly from samsung that would of been a different story. Also lets not forget that rogers is sending us to samsung and samsung right back at rogers since we ordered from them.

Like many of you I got my phone today, no buds nothing, while the rogers support agent told me the buds are in the box if you pre-ordered. Yea right! I also just filled a complaint with CCTS. Let them be the judge who's right or wrong. At minimum it will hopefully make future offers like these more honest and not a complete scam.

*EDIT* Also don't forget the offer on rogers & samsung were not the same. Rogers offer was if you pre-order or buy until Feb 14 while samsung was only pre-order until Jan 29. Not the same.

qc2az
I've been here awhile

I have also ordered the S21 Ultra 512gb way in advance on January 25th 2021.  The only reason I ordered the phone was to get the 2 free gifts.  I was calling Rogers every week to get an update and every time they would reassure me that the phone was being process and I would be getting it with my two free gifts because they are assigned on the date of purchased.  Now after being transferred many times around in the past months, I was told that they have discontinued the 512gb model from Rogers and that's the reason my order has been pending over since and on top of that they said I missed the date for the two free gifts.  Wow, I have been lied, place in the dark (no one ever bothered telling me that my phone was discontinued) and now I loss my two free gift because no one was honest with me because I could have switch model to be able to get my two free gifts.  I even spent money getting the fast charger, two expensive cases for this phone in advance thinking I was getting it.  Now I am sooooooooooo flabbergasted by my experience and don't know where to turn (making a complaint with somebody high up at Rogers to see what they can do for me, write about my experience somewhere or just leave for a different company).   

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Hey exOde, I understand your sentiment but in my case I had to just let it go because I've talked with multiple Rogers Rep who I found very helpful through the years.  If you've spoken to Reps that talk to you by reading scripts try talking with Samsung Reps they seem to be picking certain situations off a script in order to answer your questions.  When the Samsung Rep is face with a fact that they can't explain it's superfluous apologies but no answers, and the last call I made to clarify more about the situation just hung up on me.  So instead of having to go through this stress and just eat up the cost of jumping the gun and getting the new phone before my contract ends I'm left to pay the remaining subsidy on my current plan.  Rogers will always find solutions to problems but in this case I highly doubt they have much leeway into trying to figure out what to do with the promo since it's not supplied by Rogers.

Shizuku
I've been around

Does anyone got the S21 Ultra 256g yet?

jakylscallin
I've been here awhile

Yea, got ours on the 16th complete with a slap in the face paper advertisement for the ear buds promotion we had absolutely no chance  of getting.

ex0de
I plan to stick around

@GaryD you're just trying to find excuses for a company that had the promo up on their website until Feb 14 while knowing perfectly well even the people who pre-ordered in January won't get the buds. That's like 2-3 weeks of orders from people thinking they'll get the gifts. To each it's own, if you're ok with your loss and don't feel lied and cheated with all this, then it's all good. That's exactly what they expect people to do anyway: to suck it up and accept their losses, while they laugh to the bank with countless of phones sold with a false promise. Many people including me mentioned here how rogers reps (note: rogers reps not samsung) told us over and over that we'll get the buds and when we don't at the end all they do is blame samsung. Really?

A legit company would accept its mistakes and  shortcomings and take the hit and give these people the buds that were promised numerous times, no matter what samsung says/did or didn't. What's a few more buds to a company that makes BILLIONS in net income? Like I already said, I ordered my phone with rogers, and I don't have to go and deal with samsung's bad chat reps (rogers is the same btw), and you shouldn't either. 

@Shizuku Got mine yesterday (18th) same as @jakylscallin. It's going back to them sometime next week.

Spooky-Action
I plan to stick around
I just had a call with a Rogers agent. I have a small business account and pre ordered the S21 Ultra 512GB on January 28th. I called today because the 512GB is no longer sold by Rogers and because I wanted to see what they could do to compensate me for the primo.

The agent accepted to refund the full amount for the Galaxy Buds Pro that he had me purchase from my Samsung account.

They will apply a 270$ + taxes on my next bill.

Maybe I got that résiliation because the device I had ordered was no longer available or because I have a small business account.

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Hey Yes, good god I was starting to turn into a fossil waiting, they delivered it Friday. YAY something to brag about to my friends LOL... seriously the wait is so long and I've never waited that long for a device from Rogers they've always managed to get it within a weeks time.  I didn't pre-order my phone so I'm not sure if anyone had issues with pre-orders but I did get stiffed by Samsung for the ear buds.

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Hey Spooky-Action, résiliation what is that ( I had to translate it Termination, retention ? ) I highly doubt that was Rogers fault that they don't have the 512, remember Rogers only can carry products that are available to Rogers from Samsung and what Samsung allows carriers to carry.  This might have to do with shortage of parts as well as we know there is a certain mobile maker trying to monopolize RAM chips as well as FLASH.  Flash storage is needed on just about everything and with the pandemic it created a high demand for FLASH memory storage for all devices ie:  TV's Mobile phones, Tablets, Laptops & Desktops even your GPS Multimedia devices in cars.

Spooky-Action
I plan to stick around

Well it is their fault since they let me order it and it was a selectable item on the site. 

On top of that after a rep answered my complaint and canceled my order for the 512GB model and replaced it with a 256GB model I ended up receiving the 512GB model with 16GB of RAM anyway. That same agent who applied 50$ credit for the inconvenience and told me I couldn't get a credit for the full amount of the headphones even though I got the headphones delivered today and the credit applied on my account. 

So moral of the story is that it was a huge fiasco but I ended up getting what I was supposed to get.

iain1967
I plan to stick around
Seems Rogers doesn't really know what's going on!

Glad it all worked out in the end.

whatisthisplace
I plan to stick around
Spooky-Action did you say you possibly got a credit for the headphones aside from that $50 credit as well?.
I got my 512GB Ultra on the day after the promotion ended which was March1st as there was a second wave of shipment from Samsung to Rogers at that time, I then went to pick it up at the store but they then told me the price went up by $300 for it, but they advertised it as 1800 on the first wave of shipment pre-orders which I ordered for, now they tell me because I'm late which they are I now pay another $300.

rwc472
I plan to stick around

Glad to hear it.  I waited 6 weeks and went from 77 to 44.  After 6 weeks of being promised repeatedly that I'd get the 512, last week they thought my account had been attacked so they suspended it.  In such a case they automatically cancel all pending orders.  The Customer Service Rep I dealt with said there was no way to get me back into the queue but he could place an order now and have it delivered to my house in a couple of days and I could take it to the store and trade in my old phone and get the apps and data migrated.  Two days later I got a phone call from Rogers apologizing but telling me that there were no 512s left in the warehouse and they wouldn't be getting anymore but that I should try calling stores.  I did so unsuccessfully then walked over to Telus but was told there would be at least a two week wait.  Rather than have Telus screw me as well I decided I'd live with the 256 and went back to Rogers although it goes against my nature to reward this sort of behavior.  The people at the store couldn't have been nicer or more helpful which went some way to make up for the rest of it.  Absolutely the worst retail experience I've ever had.

Yes I got a credit. The agent I spoke to was super helpful. The credit appeared on my bill.
As far as the price I got it with upfront edge and it's costing me a lot,  if I want to keep it it's 800$.

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Has anyone got an email from Samsung asking to verify IMEI number proof of purchase for the promo?  They are revieiwing orders of the S21 for the promo and if you've been included in the promo.  I sent information regarding all the mention requirements, and then they emailed back saying they need proof of purchase from Telus?  I said Rogers in my email which I guess they can't read, then they want the IMEI number again and proof of purchase? HUH it's on finance I gave that info now they want Telus to email them HUH?  Have I been scammed and my IMEI number is now owned by someone else?  HELP !

Hello @GaryD!

My name is Corey and I am concerned that you may have replied to a phishing email.

Are you able to check the email address that this email came from or have you since deleted the email?

Regards,

RogersCorey

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Hello, I have kept a reply of the emails seems that this person is from Samsung.  Also I have noted to the person emailing me that I have given out my Imei number already and I don't need to send it to them.  I also indicated to the person that the IMEI should indicated when it was activated and they should know when the phone was sent out to Rogers.  I also gave them an email attached with the finance charge Rogers has given me as an indicator of the proof, but that for some reason was overlooked.  I'm very cautious but I didn't believe this would of been a phishing email but then again how are we to know these days.

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Having talked to a Rogers Rep sometime in Feb. when I received my new S21 ultra and how samsung had screwed  me over with the EarBuds.  The Rogers Rep was helpful in that she was helping me with a Tablet offer, but I knew that tablet offer would include a subsidy of $10 a month in a sense she wasn't all that honest with me.  The offer from Samsung is for EarBuds Pro for approx. 300 CAD but the tablet if I would buy at a local Best Buy would be about 250 CAD.  I don't need the subsidy for a sim card on the tablet I can tether.  So with my big disappointment I had been led to believe that I was being helped out with a tablet from Rogers to compensate in a sense offered me a free tablet for the trouble, instead I was on the hook for $10 month on a 100MB plan for 2 years for a tablet I could of bought for 250 in one go.  OMG  Am I feeling stupid now and how I thought Rogers would compensate for a stupid mistake that Samsung would of duped people to get the phone early.  The other stupid error on my part is I knew full well that I would be on the hook to finish off my current plan at 285 remaining to get a new phone upgrade.  So on the hook for 285 Samsung screwed me over with the earbuds which I could of bought anyways, paid early to get the upgrade all because I thought I was getting the earbuds.  So if anyone could see my dilemma please please as a note to anyone upgrading early to get a new product don't and if an offer is too good to encompass every early upgrade then it must be.  As for Rogers Rep please make sure that the customer understand they are not getting something for free.  I've been a loyal Rogers customer for over 15  years and I'm not sure why I was being duped in this way about a free tablet with no subsidy except only to give me a subsidy.  $10 a month is not much if locked into a 2 year $10 a month the access fee as well.  So after getting a heart attack seeing a 1000 plus bill I turned redder than the sun and was nuclear, at least I was able to talk to a Rep before I was able to nuke my office.

Topic Stats