Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ex0de
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

This is a complete SCAM. If rogers doesn't step up and fulfill their promises everyone should fill a complaint to CCTS. The only reason I "pre-ordered" this phone is to get the free "gifts", like many others. It has been more than 3 weeks and no phone, no update, not a single word from Rogers. We have to chase them for info, while Samsung told me yesterday that they have the phones and they ship it in 1-2 business days. It blows my mind how the "pre orders" aren't even filled yet but the promotion is still online with a "Offer available until Feb 12, 2021" date. 

Neonridr
I Plan to Stick Around

agree 100%.  Rogers called me for like 2 weeks straight desperate for me to upgrade.  Finally decided to pick up the S21 Ultra (have an S10 now so didn't need to upgrade).  They knew my contract was up and would be out the $30 or so that my device cost per month being subsidized into my wireless plan.  They tell me if I upgrade I get the earbuds and a smart tag.  They don't tell you, oh by the way we don't have any in stock so you might not actually get those by the time the phone is in stock.  I ordered over 2 weeks ago now and my order hasn't moved from "being processed".  

I get that there's not a guarantee with these things, but it just doesn't look very good when they are waving these free items around but have zero intention of actually giving them to you.

ex0de
I Plan to Stick Around

I call nonsense on the whole "there's not a guarantee with these things". We should not be fooled by them and just accept it. It's like someone else already said, let's go and promise them a car or 1 million or the moon if you preorder then just say "oh sorry too late". It's bad/dishonest/shady marketing & business practice, and should not be tolerated. If it was a limited supply, lets say 1000 units with the gifts they should take those 1000 preorders/orders have a countdown, and right at that second  when the 1000th unit is ordered STOP the offer and tell people it's over. It should tell you right there and then when you're about to order "WARNING: the gifts are sold out do you still want to continue with your order?". But no why do that if they can continue to fool people? To this day, like I said previously the deal is still LIVE on their website. Technically you can order TODAY and "Get it before it’s gone!". 

Chrismcniv
I Plan to Stick Around

I have given up waiting I'm canceling the pre-order and a local store has a128gb in stock I have it on hold and I'm going to buy it ! I'm taking a hit on storage down from 256 but if it means getting it today idc ! I'll just buy Google drive for like 30bucks a year or something
Neonridr
I Plan to Stick Around

if it makes you feel better, my S10 was only 128 and I barely went beyond 64GB of storage on it.

Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm thinking about doing that but 128 seems limited. My P30 pro has 128 and I'm almost always deleting things. Since Samsung has removed the micro SD card support I am hesitant to make that choice.

If you get the device in store are you still getting the promo
whatisthisplace
I Plan to Stick Around

I pre-ordered from Rogers website the S21Ultra 512GB on January 15th for the promotion, I was in line 60 in the device reservation page in my Rogers account. around February 1st I moved up in line about 5, but last Saturday I moved up in line just 1, I haven't moved up in line since that so about 1 week Rogers has not had any S21Ultra 512GB. I heard they configure it through batches but I know it's 1 by 1 by seeing my position in line go up by 1 last Saturday. So I'm now still waiting in line as number 37 since January 15th with no line movement for a week. Samsung site has the S21Ultra 512GB available with a few days to ship it, Why can't Rogers just get it from there? I know as a pre-order agent that deals with those documentations they do fill out those documents per pre-order rather than an automated system that rolls out the configured stock, that's what I learned in school but I'm not certain of this case with Rogers. I don't think I'm getting my phone from Rogers that I pre-ordered on January 15th before February 28th promotion end date to redeem with that phone with the E-voucher for it. I'm not cancelling I just want what I ordered and hope to get the Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy Tag anyways in my case.

ex0de
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow that is crazy. Last week when I called the stores had the 512 and 128 but not the 256. So you've been waiting all this time where someone can just walk in and get their phone in store...

macblack2
I Plan to Stick Around

I hate to say I'm glad I'm not alone. My husband and I both upgraded to the S21 Ultra the day before the phones were released (pre-order). We were told we'd both get the buds, tags, etc. My husband ordered Black. Silver for me. He was #56. I was #25. His phone came in under a week (to the store) but we are waiting for mine to come in, to go set both up at the same time.
I haven't received any update emails, shipping, nothing. I called the store and they said Rogers is shipping out all the black before moving onto silver. What a joke! So the vouchers will all be gone by the time we get mine, and that's 100% why we upgraded (we have s10s that work perfectly fine). My bill is +$80 more this month for the reservation fee, that I was told would be waived when we set up our phones. I refuse to pay when I've been waiting 2 weeks from the day we pre-ordered, already.
rwc472
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in the same situation.  Started out at 76 then went to 75, then 52 and I'm still sitting at 51.  I'll probably get the COVID shot before I get the phone.