Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rjejje
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

they said that on the business side of Rogers that they only have the 128gb phone. I find this very strange, also said that the promotion for the free earphones and tile don't apply on the business side as well. 

Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

My account was opened as small business but all my account support was moved to myrogers last year. When I pre ordered I did so with the regular page and picked the 512gb. I talked to multiple agents who told me the promotion was attached to my order.

I'm also supposed to get 200$ rebate on my line (20/month for 10 months)

I recorder all my calls.

If they try to pull something about either the headphones or the 512gb I'm cancelling in the spot and walking into Telus.
GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, I didn't pre-order the phone since when I placed my hardware upgrade it didn't say anything about pre-order since there is no number in queue.  Also I ordered the hardware upgrade with the earbuds along with the upgrade so I don't know what is going on with this issue.  If this was the case then why don't Rogers send out at least the EarBuds if the phone is on backorder or just failing to meet demand.  Rogers plans are for 2 year contracts with the phone if you don't pay it out upfront, but there is also an option of a monthly for 2 years of course at a higher monthly plan.  So I ask why not send out an email acknowledging the order is on the way and if possible send out the promotion then.

Neonridr
I Plan to Stick Around

it's pretty ridiculous.  They know that we have an order in the system for a device upgrade.  But for some reason they say you have to have the phone in hand to redeem the promotion.  It's dumb.  So because they are struggling with stock that's now my fault and I won't end up getting any promotional stuff because it'll be too late by the time it ships.

Way to look out for us Rogers.

iain1967
I Plan to Stick Around

The earbuds come from Samsung. You get an evoucher when you get your phone. Then you have to claim promotion from Samsung. Not Rogers. The promotion is a Samsung promotion not a Rogers promotion.

To add to this, I got my evoucher and claimed it via the Samsung website. There is a 6-8 week delay to get the promotional items!
Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

That's true but there's a date limit on the voucher. You have to claim it before February 29 if I'm not mistaken
GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

I've spoken to retention and they've  said it is on backorder between 3 to 4 weeks.  Seriously how can something be this back ordered if they knew it was going to be available by Feb5th.  What really ticks me off is that they knew this will be mostly a product anyone would upgrade to the decided it was only worth while to give it to the people that can throw away $2k on a phone up front in store.  As for the voucher I was assured that for an upgrade it will automatically be sent once the phone ships about 5 weeks after seriously why?  So are the earbuds on back order too or is this a strategic move to make sure you are locked into your contract?

iain1967
I Plan to Stick Around

Unless the process has changed, the evoucher is in the Samsung Members app which is is pre-installed on the phone. You then order the buds and tag via the Samsung website. You redeem the evoucher making them free and Samsung ships them. Again, the promotion for free items is a Samsung promotion, not Rogers.
RobertHarvey
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got off the phone with Samsung who, wouldn't you know it, pointed me back to Rogers regarding this promotion fiasco. Their position is that Rogers shouldn't have any trouble fulfilling orders within the timeframe of the promotion. Rogers website clearly uses this promotion to sell the S21. Very shady business practice to offer something and then delay fulfillment beyond the term limit of the promotion. Why not offer a new car for free if there is never a way to actually redeem it? How about $1 Million? If Rogers doesn't make this right for all of us customers who placed our orders in good faith, they might just run into legal issues on this one. It isn't a case of "while supplies last", it is a case of offering something under a condition and then ensuring that condition is not attainable. Basically, a scam. Step up Rogers and quit blaming Samsung for something completely in Rogers control.

iain1967
I Plan to Stick Around

If Samsung supply the phones to Rogers and Samsung run the promotion and supply the promotional items, which part is within Rogers control?