Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Hey exOde, I understand your sentiment but in my case I had to just let it go because I've talked with multiple Rogers Rep who I found very helpful through the years.  If you've spoken to Reps that talk to you by reading scripts try talking with Samsung Reps they seem to be picking certain situations off a script in order to answer your questions.  When the Samsung Rep is face with a fact that they can't explain it's superfluous apologies but no answers, and the last call I made to clarify more about the situation just hung up on me.  So instead of having to go through this stress and just eat up the cost of jumping the gun and getting the new phone before my contract ends I'm left to pay the remaining subsidy on my current plan.  Rogers will always find solutions to problems but in this case I highly doubt they have much leeway into trying to figure out what to do with the promo since it's not supplied by Rogers.

Shizuku
I've Been Around

Does anyone got the S21 Ultra 256g yet?

jakylscallin
I've Been Here Awhile

Yea, got ours on the 16th complete with a slap in the face paper advertisement for the ear buds promotion we had absolutely no chance  of getting.

ex0de
I Plan to Stick Around

@GaryD you're just trying to find excuses for a company that had the promo up on their website until Feb 14 while knowing perfectly well even the people who pre-ordered in January won't get the buds. That's like 2-3 weeks of orders from people thinking they'll get the gifts. To each it's own, if you're ok with your loss and don't feel lied and cheated with all this, then it's all good. That's exactly what they expect people to do anyway: to suck it up and accept their losses, while they laugh to the bank with countless of phones sold with a false promise. Many people including me mentioned here how rogers reps (note: rogers reps not samsung) told us over and over that we'll get the buds and when we don't at the end all they do is blame samsung. Really?

A legit company would accept its mistakes and  shortcomings and take the hit and give these people the buds that were promised numerous times, no matter what samsung says/did or didn't. What's a few more buds to a company that makes BILLIONS in net income? Like I already said, I ordered my phone with rogers, and I don't have to go and deal with samsung's bad chat reps (rogers is the same btw), and you shouldn't either. 

@Shizuku Got mine yesterday (18th) same as @jakylscallin. It's going back to them sometime next week.

Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

I just had a call with a Rogers agent. I have a small business account and pre ordered the S21 Ultra 512GB on January 28th. I called today because the 512GB is no longer sold by Rogers and because I wanted to see what they could do to compensate me for the primo.

The agent accepted to refund the full amount for the Galaxy Buds Pro that he had me purchase from my Samsung account.

They will apply a 270$ + taxes on my next bill.

Maybe I got that résiliation because the device I had ordered was no longer available or because I have a small business account.
GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Yes, good god I was starting to turn into a fossil waiting, they delivered it Friday. YAY something to brag about to my friends LOL... seriously the wait is so long and I've never waited that long for a device from Rogers they've always managed to get it within a weeks time.  I didn't pre-order my phone so I'm not sure if anyone had issues with pre-orders but I did get stiffed by Samsung for the ear buds.

GaryD
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Spooky-Action, résiliation what is that ( I had to translate it Termination, retention ? ) I highly doubt that was Rogers fault that they don't have the 512, remember Rogers only can carry products that are available to Rogers from Samsung and what Samsung allows carriers to carry.  This might have to do with shortage of parts as well as we know there is a certain mobile maker trying to monopolize RAM chips as well as FLASH.  Flash storage is needed on just about everything and with the pandemic it created a high demand for FLASH memory storage for all devices ie:  TV's Mobile phones, Tablets, Laptops & Desktops even your GPS Multimedia devices in cars.

Spooky-Action
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it is their fault since they let me order it and it was a selectable item on the site. 

On top of that after a rep answered my complaint and canceled my order for the 512GB model and replaced it with a 256GB model I ended up receiving the 512GB model with 16GB of RAM anyway. That same agent who applied 50$ credit for the inconvenience and told me I couldn't get a credit for the full amount of the headphones even though I got the headphones delivered today and the credit applied on my account. 

So moral of the story is that it was a huge fiasco but I ended up getting what I was supposed to get.

iain1967
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems Rogers doesn't really know what's going on!

Glad it all worked out in the end.
whatisthisplace
I Plan to Stick Around

Spooky-Action did you say you possibly got a credit for the headphones aside from that $50 credit as well?.
I got my 512GB Ultra on the day after the promotion ended which was March1st as there was a second wave of shipment from Samsung to Rogers at that time, I then went to pick it up at the store but they then told me the price went up by $300 for it, but they advertised it as 1800 on the first wave of shipment pre-orders which I ordered for, now they tell me because I'm late which they are I now pay another $300.