cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed in Rogers customer service.

Angd204
I've been here awhile

Spent close to two hours on the phone waiting for an answer. We’ve been loyal Roger customer for many years and have multiple lines on our Cell plan. Was looking for a wave or reduction in a penalty fee as we had a special occasion coming up and wanted to upgrade our phone prior to the deadline a bit. After waiting two hours on the call, the customer service rep was very kind, but she was unable to do anything, nor could she put me through to the customer retention folks. She had to get approval from her supervisor, who would not approve it. She sent off many messages and like I said we were close to two hours on the phone with no resolution. Now I’m looking at moving our lines over to another provider And will have to spend time today doing that. So disappointed.

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Very disappointed in Rogers customer service.

User2573783
I've been here awhile

I've been calling numerous times a week, spending over 1.5hrs on hold trying to speak to someone about my account. I'm at the point were I want to cancel and move to another provider. Everytime I call, the rep tries to keep my business by offering a plan way higher than what I was paying or being offered by the other provider. When I keep saying no, I get put on hold for hours. I've tried going into a store and was told I had to call customer service. They can't beat the new price. I would like to get a call from the president office. The last rep from the cancelation department his name was vishnu and he was extremely unprofessional and had to respect for a paying customer and continued to lie and waste my time. Rogers this is disappointing and disgusting. Stop scamming paying loyal customers.

RogersMaude

Good day @Angd204,

Welcome to the Rogers community! I am sorry that your most recent experience with our customer care representative did not meet your expectations. It's disheartening that it is making you considerate switching service provider.

I understand your desire to obtain a credit on your remaining balance. However, it is often a charge that cannot be adjusted if you decide to upgrade before the end of your term. However, we'd be happy to take a deeper look into this.

Hello @User2573783,

We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention. While the community forums' team is not equivalent to our customer relations department, we could surely get your concerns addressed.

We'll be happy to investigate what took place and take necessary measures with regards to the feedback on the agent who provided you less than stellar service, and that whole interaction.

To get a better understanding of both of your situations, we'll need to discuss privately so we can gain access to your accounts.

Please reach out by sending a message to @CommunityHelps, for assistance. To learn more on our private messaging system, click here. Thank you!

RogersMaude

Angd204
I've been here awhile
If someone could reach out to me that would be great.

Hello @Angd204 ,

A warm welcome to our community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here. 🙂

I see that we've already been in contact with you via PM. As explained by RogersCorey via PM, we wouldn't have the option to waive/lower a financing balance. If you had taken a new device on a 2 year term with financing and you decide to upgrade early or cancel your line before the commitment period is up, then you are automatically charged out for any remaining financing balance since that would be considered 'breaking the terms of the agreement'. So sorry for any disappointment and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation