cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Service-No Rogers Loyalty

Blairsas12
I've been here awhile

have been a loyal customer for over 25 years with both home service and cell phone. Roger's want to increase the price of my service which twice as much as the exact same service Telus is offering. What is with these greedy companies like Roger's? Terrible internet service yet they want to charge me more. Over the last 2 months, I have had 3 service call. My neighbor has had 4 service calls still nothing has been fixed yet I'm paying over $128 a month for internet. My other neighbor had finally had enough with The service from Roger's and the problems so he finally changed to Telus. He showed he bills from Roger's and Telus. The exact same service for half the price with Telus and no problems with the service. I encourage people to check Telus out for their services and price. Roger's doesn't seem to care about their customers.

***Added Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Terrible Service-No Rogers Loyalty

RogersZia

HI @Blairsas12,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how frustrating Internet issues can be. Can you share a little bit more about the issue you're having with the service? Three tech calls without a resolution isn't right.

As far as pricing and offers go, we can certainly review your account to see what options are available to you. But I still think it's best to have the service issues addressed first.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Blairsas12
I've been here awhile

Each time a Service Rep comes to my house, they do the exact same thing; check the box on the outside, check the box downstairs in my basement and then check the box in the back alley that serves the neighborhood.  They have even mentioned to me that the signals are quite weak coming from the box in the alley.  they fiddle with a few wires, tell me everything is okay, and then 3 days later, I can't seem to connect if I am upstairs in one of the rooms.  This is absolutely ridiculous for the amount of money that I am paying for internet and cable.

Like I said as well, my neighbor, has had a service repairman come to their place at least 4 times now and they are furious already. The last guy that showed up, was supposed to be a supervisor and checked the box in the back alley and told them there were big problems with it and that he would put in a requisition to get it replaced or properly fixed.  Not sure if that ever took place!

Rogers is a multi-billion dollar company and your greediness is very evident with your lack of respect for its customers and the outrageous charges you force us to pay.  I pay over $2500 a year for cable and internet service and it probably works correctly about only 85% of the time.  YOu make no effort to compensate me nor give me special rates for being a customer of Shaws (Rogers) for over 24 years not to mention that I have a 2nd account with Rogers in West Kelowna, BC.  Insurance agencies usually give special rates if you have more than one service through them such as multiple vehicles or house and vehicle or multiple houses and vehicles.

Like I had said, I am paying over $2500 a year just on my one account in Calgary.  How much does it cost Rogers to provide me with that service that constantly has problems?  Maybe $100 or at most $150.

I have threatened for so many years to leave Shaw/Rogers because of such a lack of respect for its customers especially ones like myself that have been dedicated to you for over 24 years. Maybe it's time to stop making threats and go ahead and change like my other neighbor did and now he is saving thousands of dollars per year.

Hello, @Blairsas12.

I completely understand your frustration and disappointment with the recurring issues you've been experiencing with your service. The repeated visits from our techs and the ongoing signal problems have caused much inconvenience and dissatisfaction.

If I correctly understood, It seems your gateway modem is in the basement, and you encounter connectivity issues upstairs. Is this happening on a WiFi connection? If yes, consider relocating your gateway modem to a centralized location for optimal WiFi connectivity. 

Your loyalty as a long-term customer of over 24 years is truly valued, and it's disheartening that the service provided has not met your expectations. We want to turn your experience around; please connect with us through Shaw Community or Contact Us on the platform of your choice so we can access your account.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Blairsas12
I've been here awhile
No, you don't understand where my modem is. The modem is on the Main floor in a large living room. The farthest any of my devices from the modem are approx. 20-30meters.
It comes back to how can you continually charges the customers outrageous prices when the service you provide is unprofessional and unreliable at best.

eeebbb
I've been here awhile

MOVE! I halved my mobile bill from 318/month to 138/month with another provider but honestly even Bell and Telus were cheaper than Rogers

Sofiya1
I've been here awhile
<P>Go for it, take the leap and switch over!! I did just that today, switched to Telus and based on only 5-6 customer service interactions with them: let me say this. Compared to having talked to hundreds *if not thousands* of Rogers customer service reps regarding the same issues without them bothering to find out why customers are giving negative feedback and actively trying to resolve the issue, guess what my comparison between Telus and Rogers is:<BR />Rogers: 0/5 despite my being one of the most genuine people that no matter what turmoil they're going through, will try their best to be a good person to them *even if Rogers absolutely flat down refuses to acknowledge or fix the issue, instead I'm endlessly being told that oh we can't do that*<BR />Telus: 5/5 for the amazing customer service and their genuine wanting to help and immediately act upon trying to resolve the issue<BR /><BR />You would have guessed right if you asked if I switched to Telus</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Not only are Rogers becoming greedier than I've ever seen from a legit company that advertised all these great and amazing things; they're only wanting the money, not the genuine validation of making sure the customers are happy in any way. So glad I switched!! Big relief and a pat on the back for taking the leap and making the switch. You'd be patting yourself on the back just like I did.</P>

Burge
I've been around
I have had great Customer service with Rogers cell phones. Shaw in the past would use bait and switch techniques. That's 10 years ago. I switched to Simply Connect now zoomer wireless back to Rogers on a low income plan. Customer service suggested simply connect. That's 8 years ago or so as I needed a free phone. Rogers has ended that division. On the cell phone end Rogers is the best out there. The only thing I will miss with City phone is a connection to Telus towers
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation