cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV bundles

Patty83
I've been here awhile

Does Rogers have a loyalty program for customers who have been with them for 40+ years? Do they offer a seniors discount for the 65+ who are living on fixed incomes ?

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: TV bundles

reed935
I plan to stick around

Would love to also take advantage of something like that.  Have done similar in past, but it requires me to continually begin the discussions.  Why would this not be "automatic" for us long-standing clients ??

RogersJermaine

Hi @Patty83,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for you first post here. We do appreciate the loyalty of our customers and do want to always provide the best service available.

We can certainly take a look into your account to see what promotions we have available for you. Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Patty83
I've been here awhile
Hi! Just to clarify, the promotion I currently have is expiring in April and I spent 2 days waiting to chat with someone about rolling over the current bundle for another year as it is a price that fits our budget. After a very long, drawn out conversation, I was told the best Rogers could do was start me on a new bundle that is nearly $25.00 more a month than I pay now for the exact same bundle I currently have. This is $30.00 over my budget and was told that was the very best that could be done and it didn’t seem to matter at I all that my family and I have been with Rogers since the early 80’s and have NEVER switched providers, not even for a better price or offer. And now that we are seniors, living on a very tight budget with cable tv being our one and only luxury, the price is gone beyond what we can afford for the bare basics. I was hoping there might be a seniors discount package available or even some sort of loyalty package that would keep us on budget and still be able to enjoy the bundle we currently have.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi Patty83,

The way a promotion works is its like a sale at a supermarket.  When you need something you buy it, but when its on sale or a promotion is happening you get a ONE TIME, discount.  Eggs go back up in price once the promotion has ended and so does your rogers services.

The problem with people is they EXPECT the promotion as the normal price, and once it expires they cant afford it.  You need to look at the actual cost of your services the price BEFORE promotions,  if you can afford this, then go with that company or provider,  promotions do not last for ever, same with sales at a supermarket.

Patty83
I've been here awhile
Thank you for the timely response . That being said, I am a very well educated individual and am very well aware of how “promotions” and “ sales” work. As a consumer, I do not appreciate being responded to like I am a 4 year old who needs things explained in the simplest possible manner. I also got from your response that you are encouraging Rogers customers to find better prices or packages elsewhere. Is this the case? I certainly hope not. Up to this point I have had great service from Rogers, I merely asked a simple question concerning loyalty programs or senior discounts, not expecting to get such an offhand and, in my opinion, somewhat rude, response. Thank you for your time. I will try to reach someone with a little more patience and understanding towards the needs of seniors and families on fixed incomes who are just trying to have one simple little luxury that many take for granted. Have a nice day.

RogersYasmine

Greetings!

I also wanted to mention that we do offer a Connected for Success program that you may want to check out! For more information and to see if you qualify, please click here.

Kind regards!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation