cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers ignite tv box charge

dylancote
I've been around

I had rogers ignite internet and also sent the tv box as a promo even though i said i wont use it i was sent it anyways. I have since moved 6 months after to a new location where i cant get internet service so i had it canceled. I was only told to return the router ignite , not the tv ignite unit, when asked about it over the phone i told the worker iv never used it as i never wanted it and all she said was “oh ok” i was never given instruction to also send back the tv ignite unit!
I threw it out and now a month later im being charged for a no return. What can be done?

***EDITED LABELS***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers ignite tv box charge

RogersYasmine

Hello @dylancote,

Thanks for sharing your experience here in the Rogers Community Forums. 🙂

When it comes to the rental equipment provided, we would still need to receive all of our equipment back once you've cancelled your services with us, even if you were not using it during the promotional period. Otherwise, there is an "unreturned equipment fee" that does eventually get applied to the account. 

I must say, I am really surprised and disappointed that the Customer Care agent didn't ask you to return it along with your internet modem as both pieces of equipment are quite valuable to us and not cheap to make. With this being said, after your request for cancellation, there should have been an email sent your way outlining our return policy along with a list of the equipment that we would need you to return using the enclosed return label. Did you not receive this email with the instructions?

What we can do is have a look into your account to see if the agent left any detailed notes on your file supporting your claims and we can go from there. Kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to get started. 

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation