cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Upfront Edge Return Question

Keith22
I've been around

Hello. I am currently a month away from the end of my upfront edge device (s20+). I have an offer on the my rogers app to do an upgrade now and they will waive the remaining $73~ left on my upfront edge amount. It says that in order for them to go ahead with the upgrade they will send me a return box for my phone so I can ship it back to them. It says the following are the criteria for the return to be accepted (I am also uploading a screenshot I took on my PC) 

- Have no cracked screen 

- Be able to power on 

- Not be synced to a service like icloud or find my phone 

My worry is this, my screen is NOT cracked but I do have a small blemish that just randomly appeared on the left hand side of the screen in the past 2 months or so. It is a small black dot smaller than the eraser tip of a wooden pencil. According to the above, this shouldnt be an issue as the screen is not cracked at all and is nearly like new seeing as I have always had it in a case with a screen protector on. I just want to confirm this before I go ahead with the upgrade. 

Again, I attached a picture of the screen im at that says that. 

Thanks for your time, Keith save.png

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Upfront Edge Return Question

RogersZia

Good evening @Keith22,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Upfront Edge is a great way to get the lowest monthly price on the latest phones. As you've mentioned, in order to return the device it has to be in good working condition.

What does 'good condition' mean?

Your device is in good working condition when it can power up to the home screen, accept a charge, and have the ability to perform a factory reset. The screen must be functional and cannot have any dark spots, blemishes, broken glass or cracked glass. Please make sure to remove (or turn off) all accounts and passwords saved within the device (i.e., Find My iPhone, Google, Find My Mobile, and firmware passwords). Keep in mind, we will not be able to accept a device that does not meet these requirements or that has been reported lost or stolen. If your device is not in good working condition, you will then need to repay the Upfront Edge amount.

I hope this answers your question :). If you'd like you can have a store rep check and verify the condition of your device. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor
I was in your same shoes in April with the S20 Ultra. Mind you zero issues with my phone. Looking at any new phone as an upgrade and the cost vs the current phone. It made ZERO sense to upgrade. Keeping my phone I was able to get a better plan and have my current bill drop almost $80 a month.

I've always been one to upgrade to the latest and greatest from iPhone and Samsung and after two years I'm still impressed how the S20 Ultra holds to the new and even last year's models. I know this is not completely the same phone but you'd be surprised how they hold up. You might want to look at costs overall and see that the "deal" isn't as good as it seems from Rogers.

RogersZia

Good evening @Keith22,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Upfront Edge is a great way to get the lowest monthly price on the latest phones. As you've mentioned, in order to return the device it has to be in good working condition.

What does 'good condition' mean?

Your device is in good working condition when it can power up to the home screen, accept a charge, and have the ability to perform a factory reset. The screen must be functional and cannot have any dark spots, blemishes, broken glass or cracked glass. Please make sure to remove (or turn off) all accounts and passwords saved within the device (i.e., Find My iPhone, Google, Find My Mobile, and firmware passwords). Keep in mind, we will not be able to accept a device that does not meet these requirements or that has been reported lost or stolen. If your device is not in good working condition, you will then need to repay the Upfront Edge amount.

I hope this answers your question :). If you'd like you can have a store rep check and verify the condition of your device. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

RogersZia

Michael162
I've been around

I am at the end of my upfront edge the phone is in great shape accept 1 corner on the back is cracked. Would this be accepted back?

Hello, @Michael162.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our Community! 

Your query has been answered in the solution post above; your device may not be acceptable. However, you may want to find the nearest Rogers Store and book an appointment so we can check the device to see if meets the good condition requirement.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max

Issue; Recently I broke my phone's back screen. 
Question; 

My LCD/ touchscreen has not been broken so it cannot have any dark spots, blemishes or broken and/or cracked glass.  it is powering up, accepting charge, and has the ability to perform a factory reset.

can I still give it back even if its back screen is broken?

In the terms and Conditions section, it says I can return my phone if it is in good condition.

2. What does “good working condition” mean?
“Good working condition” means that your device must power up to the home screen, accept a charge, and have the ability to perform a factory reset. The LCD/touchscreen must be functioning and cannot have any dark spots, blemishes or broken and/or cracked glass. 

Good day @43tg5vrfdvgtghy,

Welcome to the Rogers Community & thanks for your post! 

When it comes to the Upfront Edge program, we will not be able to accept a device with broken or cracked glass. If your device does not meet the requirements, you will then need to repay the Upfront Edge amount. 

If you’re enrolled in Premium Device Protection, you can have your phone repaired or replaced through that program. Meanwhile, if you’re enrolled in Device Protection Lite, you can have your phone repaired.

If you’re enrolled in AppleCare+, you are eligible to have your phone repaired or replaced for accidental out-of-warranty damage. Visit our Device Protection plans page for more information about each of these programs and their terms and conditions. 

Repaired or replacement phones from these programs will be accepted as part of the Upfront Edge program. Otherwise, you will need to pay back the Upfront Edge amount at the end of your 2-year Upfront Edge term (or when you upgrade your phone).

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

carlb
I plan to stick around

This is the reason I pay a few dollars more and don’t have to worry about returning a phone plus it’s paid off and mine after 2 years. I’ve always done this since Rogers started that program.

Asauter128
I've been around

(Post merged to this thread by moderator)

My upfront edge is up next month but I am wondering if I am going to be charged due to the entire back of my phone being cracked. The phone works perfectly fine, holds a charge, can be factory reset and the front of the phone is in perfect condition. Do I need to get this fixed before? Or will I be ok?

**Labels Added**

Good day @Asauter128 !

We're happy to have you here in the community forums and congrats on your very first post with us! 🙂

We merged your post to this helpful thread since it contains the answer to your question regarding your Upfront Edge device. Kindly refer to the 'Accepted solution' found above.  As mentioned there, you may also bring your device into any participating Rogers location to have it assessed in person. 

Hope this helps!

RogersYasmine

Beeman1
I've been here awhile

AccordXTS - how is it you have to pay so little? my UFE contract is up in 3 weeks and they say I'll owe $270 on one device and $420 (!) on the other (we have two, a 12 mini and 12). I'm really not liking this UFE program. Like someone else said it's just a way of getting you hooked into ongoing payments. 

I do have to call them today to sort this.

Greetings @Beeman1!

Upfront Edge allows you to pay less upfront and have a lower monthly financing fee when you upgrade in exchange for returning the device at the end of the term, unless you opt to buy the device out by paying the remaining Upfront Edge balance.

If you chose to fully finance the devices outright, then you wouldn't owe anything at the end of your term as the monthly financing fee is higher so the full balance is paid off at the end of the term.

The choice is fully in your hands. If you don't like the idea of returning the device or having to pay off a balance at the end of the term to keep the device, you can always opt to fully finance the device at the outset instead.

Once you own the device, you then have BYOD plan options available to you which can come with steep discounts.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Beeman1
I've been here awhile

Thanks Corey,

I have since figured that out. When you only deal with phone contracts every 2 years or more you tend to forget the details of the original transaction. I'll likely buy out the two phones. In 12 months I will have broken even as far as making up the payout amount - if that makes sense. Then hopefully the phones will last awhile. I always have my phone for 4 years previously so hopefully that will be the case here too. I hate that technology lasts so little time when I use my phones for the same purposes now as I did 15 years ago. 

Kyle30
I've been around

Up front edge return device screen scratch

Greetings @Kyle30 !

Welcome to our community forums!

If possible, can you please provide us with some more details of your question or concern? Are you advising that your Upfront Edge device has a scratched screen and are wondering how to proceed? 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 🙂

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 in conversation