cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite Internet Pricing

Beg65
I've been around

Why we have pay such a high price for the internet service, please bring it down to affordable price

***Edited Labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Rogers Ignite Internet Pricing

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Beg65 wrote:
Why we have pay such a high price for the internet service, please bring it down to affordable price

Rogers usually offers "back to school" specials for new customers at this time of year.  Fido is also owned by Rogers and offers Internet services at lower prices.  Another option is to get your Internet service from a TPIA provider.

If you want to get your Internet service from the incumbent providers, who own and maintain the "last-mile" infrastructure, and get the best available speeds in your area, you will usually end up paying a premium for that service.  The only things that keep prices down in this industry are competition and regulation.  Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit and more people are now working and learning from home, good deals seem to be harder and harder to find.

a3mashay
I've been here awhile

Hi all,

I would like to let you know about the most unfair thing I have ever seen in Canada. I signed a contract for 1 Gb home internet plan at 2nd of Sep. But, due to much lower speed (30 Mb!!!) and no solution from technical support, I cancelled it at 11th of Sep. Now, they are asking me to pay the installation fee and the fee for the days that they were working on the speed issue (totally something like 58 CAD for a wrong service that I cancelled within the allowed 10 days period). I don't know how is it even possible. Rogers is the worst.

Alireza 

Hi @a3mashay

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your internet service and that you have cancelled your account. 

While the account was cancelled because of your speed issues, some charges are still applicable for the service. Partial charges may be included on your bill for new services for the time period between the start date of services (activation date) and your bill date. They can be found in the “About your First Bill” section. 

Let us know if you have any other concerns. 

RogersRob

a3mashay
I've been here awhile

Why do I have to pay for a fault service?! I signed a contract for 1 gb, but received 30 Mb! And technical support could not solve the issue, and this was the reason for cancellation. It's totally unfair. Are you charge costumers for your mistakes?

Alireza

It's unfortunate that our technical support team was unable to see the service speed concern to resolution for you, in the event you do choose to return to Rogers someday we'd certainly like to see to it that the service is working appropriately. Regarding the charges, as mentioned, the service would be prorated for the duration active and installation fees for the service are applied as you did have the service installed and were using it for a period.

All the best to you in the future and we hope we get the opportunity to see your business again.

@RogersAndy

a3mashay
I've been here awhile

Totally unfair. It was running for 4 or 5 days because technical support told me to keep it running in order to see the issue will be solved or not. I told them at very first day that the speed is much lower. 
In addition, you gave me a fault service. Why should I pay installation fee????

Alireza

anabel_maun76
I've been here awhile

How can get good high speed home internet for the good price

How much the monthly

Greetings @anabel_maun76!

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thanks for your post and your interest in signing up for the Internet service with us. To access the pricing options, please visit www.rogers.com/internet. 🙂

Feel free check out www.rogers.com/promotions for our current offers and please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Today I was on the phone with a sales representative for over an hour and they got me set up with internet for a good price a wanted it so I got her to set up a date for installation but she was having technical difficulties and said I should call back so I did and there was a new lady so I gave her my reference number and she proceeds to tell me that the deal I was quoted on doesn't exist and that I will have to pay the a different amount which is significantly higher amount than I was originally quoted on now I am frustrated because I feel that I should pay the amount I was originally quoted.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GBelanger wrote:

Today I was on the phone with a sales representative for over an hour and they got me set up with internet for a good price a wanted it so I got her to set up a date for installation but she was having technical difficulties and said I should call back so I did and there was a new lady so I gave her my reference number and she proceeds to tell me that the deal I was quoted on doesn't exist and that I will have to pay the a different amount which is significantly higher amount than I was originally quoted on now I am frustrated because I feel that I should pay the amount I was originally quoted.

Welcome to the Community!

It's really unusual for an Inbound sales rep to not put an order though.  They are incented to close a deal on the first call.  Not sure whether she was trying to process a promotion that was not available in your area or a promotion that is no longer available.

If you have a reference number, try to reach out to the @CommunityHelps  team by sending them a private message.  They may be able to complete the order for you, or at least tell you why the order could not be put through and/or find another promotion that may work for you.

Another avenue for escalation is to use the Share a Concern link on the Rogers "Contact Us" page.  The person in charge of the case can pull the tapes from the conversation that you had with the sales rep.  However, because the order could not be finalized, they still may not be able to provide you with the price that you had discussed but, again, may be able to find another deal that may work for you.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 in conversation