cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Options While Travelling in the U.S

Ezio1
I've been here awhile

Travelling to Florida for 8 weeks. Just wondering what is the best option to take for using cell phone other than Roam like home as it looks very expensive to do when you have two phones.  Is Canada-US wide text and data plan a good option? any other suggestions??

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Roaming Options While Travelling in the U.S

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It depends on how much you plan to use the phone(s).  If not very much, then you could simply pay by the minute. If you're planning to used them a lot, then many people get a US Phone and/or US SIM.

Ezio1
I've been here awhile

thank you for your comment, what do you think of Rogers Canada+US infinite plan, i inquired about this and it seems that you don't pay for roaming charges at a cost between 80-65 dollars per month added to your existing plan, depending on the amount of Data that you want.  The only thing i have not yet resolved is that whether or not I can go back to my old plan when i return home without penalty at a cost that makes sense.  I am going to meet with rogers rep tomorrow and get more info.

Greetings @Ezio1!

My name is Corey.

If you switch your plan, your old plan will be removed and you will not be able to switch back. If you have a grandfathered plan that meets your needs and is priced right, then you will want to carefully consider whether or not your want to switch.

That said, we've extended our Boxing Day deals until Jan. 9th so you still have time to take advantage of our great deals. We may very well have a Canada+US Infinite plan for you that saves you money. 🙂 Ask your rep about these offers!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Ezio1
I've been here awhile

I switched plan and have a plan that appears to meet my needs, it sounds too good to be true but I will find out when I get my new bill, if i don't like it I will drop Rogers and go to another provider, anyway, Rogers did come through, as I said, I will see when I get my new bill next month 🙂               

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation