cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam like home for 12.00 per day

Johanindelta
I've been around

Roam like home is based on any day in the EST zone. This may be fair for Eastern time zone customers only. As a BC resident, it irks me that my daily billing starts and ends at midnight EST. This means when I roam in Western United States, irrespective of when I start roaming, my 12.00 (day) expires at 9:00 pm local time. If I go to an evening hockey, baseball, football game or concert event in Seattle, I cannot avoid being billed 2 days of roaming because there’s no way to get back into Canada before 9:00 pm. The proposed solution from Rogers Customer Relations is put the phone on Airplane mode before 9 pm local. That kind of removes any of the ‘roam like home’ benefit. Anyone else concerned about this. Paying 2 days ($24) for less than 24 hours of roaming does not seem fair to me. I would like to see a 24 hour day that starts when I start roaming; or at least reflects a day in my time zone.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Roam like home for 12.00 per day

RogersCorey

Thank you for your feedback @Johanindelta!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Roam like home for 12.00 per day

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Have you considered switching to a plan that includes roaming in the US? It usually costs around $15 a month instead of the ridiculous $12 a day. In my personal opinion, all features and billing should reflect the timezone of the billing address on file for the account.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation