cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Policy

emilyh
I've been here awhile

I was recently overcharged on my bill by $430 and the procedure for this is to credit with a refund in the next month or two - while I appreciate the helpful support I received, it’s frustrating that I am still expected to pay such a high amount out of pocket when I shouldn’t have been charged in the first place!
I wonder if anyone has been able to have their bill changed or at least be refunded within the same payment cycle?

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Refund Policy

KobiC
I plan to stick around

Hi Emily,

To answer you question direct. No, Rogers can not and will not change the bill during the same payment cycle. They only send 1 bill per month

However, it is possible to get the "Current Account Balance" updated to show a more accurate amount of what is truly owning.

I was in your position last month. Rogers wanted me to pay $214 for an item that was returned. I personally calculated that they would refund $214 on the next bill. So I simply paid $214 LESS on that particular invoice.

Moving forward, this months invoice shows my calculation of their refund was correct. However, I was hit with a $6.12 late fee.

All in all $6.12 late fee is a small price to pay compared to $214. Furthermore, I plan to speak to care to see if they can understand my scenario and remove the late fee.

emilyh
I've been here awhile
That’s a great idea, thanks for your reply!!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KobiC wrote:

Hi Emily,

To answer you question direct. No, Rogers can not and will not change the bill during the same payment cycle. They only send 1 bill per month

However, it is possible to get the "Current Account Balance" updated to show a more accurate amount of what is truly owning.

Yes, they cannot cut you a new bill.  However, let's say your current bill is due at the end of the month.  For many charges, Rogers can apply a credit now and the new balance due will be reflected in your balance due in MyRogers.  However, there are other charges (like non-return fees) that get refunded automatically as part of a business process, and they will not reverse those charges manually because in the case of an equipment return, there is no way for them to stop the non-return fee from getting refunded again when the "misplaced" equipment gets located and processed in their warehouse.

Moving forward, this months invoice shows my calculation of their refund was correct. However, I was hit with a $6.12 late fee.

All in all $6.12 late fee is a small price to pay compared to $214. Furthermore, I plan to speak to care to see if they can understand my scenario and remove the late fee.

@emilyh I would advise sending a private message to @CommunityHelps to see what changes can get reversed immediately.  If they cannot do that, then they should still be able to document your account with the amount that you were overbilled.  (They may even see that reversal pending on your next bill.)  You should then be able to pay then difference when your bill is due and get any future late payment fees reversed... but if you go this route, make sure that everything gets documented.

$430 is a lot of money.  If Rogers messed up, then this is something they should fix immediately, or at least make sure that you will not be out-of-pocket or penalized in any way.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation