cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing issue on Phone Plan

Lorettawongqin
I've been around

Today,I chatted with a customer service to sign up a plan which was offered for $45 and if I pay with auto payment then extra $5 per month so is $40 with 10 gbs and standard features.. I received an email from Roger . When I open the email, I was so surprised to see the price was $50 not $45 with the discount of auto payment will be $45.. I felt I was mis-led or something is not right. I called Roger to correct the issue but the customer service who I felt that he really tried to help me but the system disallowed.. he replied me that he can’t do anything about it.. I have to take that $50 pricing not $45 as quoted before the discount.. I wonder if this is Roger policy not honouring what was quoted!!

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Pricing issue on Phone Plan

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

The billing system can be difficult to deal with. You just need to speak to a more experienced/powerful agent to figure out why you did not get your $5 auto-pay discount. It could simply be that the billing system didn't accept your credit card, or an incorrect code was entered.

To get an experienced agent, I prefer to call the billing dept during regular business hours (most rookies get stuck with later work hours).

You could also try typing "Retentions" or "cancel service" into chat box to see if you can get a better deal.

By the way, you typed 10 gb for $45 (or $40 with auto-pay), but when I was walking by a phone kiosk, that deals with both Rogers and Freedom, the deal for both was $40 (I assume that includes the $5 auto-pay discount) for 20 GB of data.

If your deal is just for 10 GB, call to cancel a service, but ask for the better deal of 20 GB (I don't know if it's 5G plan or not).

If your Rogers offer is for 20 GB (and not 10 GB as you thought), then the billing dept should be able to help you get the $5 auto-pay discount (your first attempt might just need to get your Credit Card accepted, or just have the offer cancelled and then redone (making sure to avoid any early-cancellation fee - if applicable).

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Call me mebe

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation