cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscribers

gch1
I've been around

Tired of new customers getting better $ packages than existing customers. What about loyalty?? I’m going to ge a new customer to someone else.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New subscribers

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gch1 wrote:

Tired of new customers getting better $ packages than existing customers. What about loyalty?? I’m going to ge a new customer to someone else.

Check MyRogers to see if you have any promotional offers available.  Click on each of the Residential services that you subscribe to and look for something like, "A personalized offer is waiting for you!".  Usually, these start to appear in the months just before your current discounts are about to expire.  It may or may not be a good deal, and Rogers may also try to upsell an upgraded bundle, but it's still worth checking out.  These offers also come and go.

If see any great offers for new customers, you may not qualify but you can still try calling Rogers to see if there are any other good promotions available in your postal code.

Rogers does value your loyalty but unfortunately, the way that things currently work, you need to do a bit of legwork, ideally before your current promotions lapse, to get the best deal.  As a last resort, you may also need to switch providers.

If you don't want to go through this effort year after year, you may want to consider switching to a Third-Party Internet Access provider, or TPIA.  They may not have the lowest prices available either but they do offer their best price to all of their customers, new or old, and don't play the game of offering deeply discounted services to attract new customers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gch1 wrote:

Check MyRogers to see if you have any promotional offers available.  Click on each of the Residential services that you subscribe to and look for something like, "A personalized offer is waiting for you!".  Usually, these start to appear in the months just before your current discounts are about to expire.  It may or may not be a good deal, and Rogers may also try to upsell an upgraded bundle, but it's still worth checking out.  These offers also come and go.

If see any great offers for new customers, you may not qualify but you can still try calling Rogers to see if there are any other good promotions available in your postal code.

Rogers does value your loyalty but unfortunately, the way that things currently work, you need to do a bit of legwork, ideally before your current promotions lapse, to get the best deal.  As a last resort, you may also need to switch providers.

If you don't want to go through this effort year after year, you may want to consider switching to a Third-Party Internet Access provider, or TPIA.  They may not have the lowest prices available either but they do offer their best price to all of their customers, new or old, and don't play the game of offering deeply discounted services to attract new customers.

sswilson
I'm a reliable contributor

@gch1 wrote:

***Edited Labels***

Unfortunately this is the new reality for pretty much all subscription services. They typically only offer the "carrot" after they get a cancellation notice.

On the plus side.... they tend to offer 2 yr "new subscriber" deals at greatly reduced rates and a new subscriber is (handily) typically described as someone who hasn't used the service for 2 years so most customers will qualify for the introductory rates if they're willing to jump ship every couple of years.

I'm "new" to Rogers (well... back after several years...  🙂 ) but the process with Bell was to call into their loyalty dept every year and try to beat them down to the best possible deal. That helped a bit but ultimately they can't match the "discounted" new subscriber deals.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation