cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop spamming me about a bad modem.

sdffdfd
I've been here awhile

For the love of god please stop emailing me that my modem is bad, then when I call in trying to get me to upgrade. I have asked before via a phone call, I have asked via email, now I am asking via this forum.

Hello Trevor,

We understand you may have experienced issues with your internet recently, this could be because your current modem is outdated. At Rogers, we recognize that now, more than ever, your connection matters. We’re continuing to invest in our network to deliver more reliable internet to your neighbourhood.

Contact us at 1-888-493-0778 to discuss available solutions.

***Edited Labels***
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Stop spamming me about a bad modem.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sdffdfd Which Rogers modem do you have and what is the speed of your Internet service?  If you have a REALLY old cable modem, it may literally stop working, either due to expired digital certificates (that were burned in at the time of manufacture) or because a Rogers network upgrade in your area is pending and your current modem will not meet the new minimum required technical standards.

sdffdfd
I've been here awhile

My modem was replaced in October 21 to the new gigabit router. When I call in to ask what is going on they attempt to sell me a new contract - nothing mentioned about swapping my modem.

hmc2
I've been around

I got exactly the same email about outdated modem and when I did call the number I was told that I have to upgrade my service to a more expensive option for faster speed.  For a moment I thought that my modem may be actually outdated, instead I did learn that by paying more money I can get better service. Thank you, Rogers Academy !

sdffdfd
I've been here awhile
Yes, I got another copy of the letter today.

It’s sad.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sdffdfd wrote:

My modem was replaced in October 21 to the new gigabit router. When I call in to ask what is going on they attempt to sell me a new contract - nothing mentioned about swapping my modem.

That sounds very bad. You call for a technical issue and they tried to upsell you instead of resolving your technical issue? Next time try calling and on purpose NOT mentioning the e-mail and see if they actually get around to fixing it.  Companies should try to focus on Fixing issues instead of upselling customers to squeeze more money out of  them.  Customers already are feeling the price of inflation so asking for more money from them is wrong in many ways.

Perhaps replacing a faulty modem with a working one would be a good idea they should try it sometime instead of thinking about profits first.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation