cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving wireless numbers from one Rogers account to another Rogers account - $35 fee?

g5aries
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I would like to move the wireless numbers from one Rogers account to another Rogers account.  I have done this in the past at no charge, but recently when I tried to do this, I was told there was a $35 charge per number.  Is this information correct?  Or is there another way I can get the numbers from one account to another without incurring any charges?

Thanks,

AC

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving wireless numbers from one Rogers account to another Rogers account - $35 fee?

RogersMaude

Hey @g5aries,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Rogers Community!

Starting June 13, 2018, customers who take over the ownership of a phone number by completing a Transfer of Responsibility will be charged $35. The Transfer of Responsibility fee applies when ownership of an existing cell phone number is changed. It's generated when a cell phone number is transferred between two different customer accounts. 

From time to time, we review and update our service fees. This is an administrative fee that covers costs associated with processing your transaction and it is charged for each number transferred.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Moving wireless numbers from one Rogers account to another Rogers account - $35 fee?

RogersMaude

Hey @g5aries,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Rogers Community!

Starting June 13, 2018, customers who take over the ownership of a phone number by completing a Transfer of Responsibility will be charged $35. The Transfer of Responsibility fee applies when ownership of an existing cell phone number is changed. It's generated when a cell phone number is transferred between two different customer accounts. 

From time to time, we review and update our service fees. This is an administrative fee that covers costs associated with processing your transaction and it is charged for each number transferred.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

g5aries
I've been here awhile

Is this true even if my name is on both accounts?

Thanks,

AC

daniel10
I plan to stick around
This is probably the stupidest fee ever, Roger's needs to change it, it shouldn't cost money to change ownership of a line. I mean your literally paying Rogers more money,

A way around it if you dont care about the number is to cancel the line and then just add a new line to your current plan or call retention and get a goodwill credit towards the stupid 35 bogus fee

Hello, @g5aries!

Great follow-up question!

In a case where a wireless number is being transferred from one account to another, but both accounts are under the same name and credentials (meaning that the same individual is financially responsible for BOTH accounts), then the $35 fee will NOT be charged. This is considered a completely different process known as a Telephone Number Transfer.

I hope this helps clarify! 😁

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation