cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a Payment to the Wrong Account

pleblanc19
I've been around

Hi I have a rogers account (rogers high speed internet only) and added rogers as payee in my  new bank account only instead of entering my Rogers Account number i entered my Rogers Internet account number and made 2 online payments until I noticed that my payments where not being posted as being received when checking my rogers online account. So i sent 2 payments to a rogers account that is mine...but when i contacted online chat they cannot see any payments received obviously because the payments where sent to an account that cannot be paid...so where are my payments going if they are not being received...sorry if this is confusing....im a bit confused as well...any information would be greatly appreciated. Im going to contact my bank in the morning  but....you'd think that if i made a payment to a rogers account that is mine that there was some way of checking to see if any payments where received....they are not coming back in my bank account so...

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Made a Payment to the Wrong Account

Good evening @Chum16,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

To put your mind at ease, yes we can absolutely transfer the funds from your old account to the new one. Just reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to help you 🙂!

If you're unfamiliar with how our private message system works, please  check out this blog.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersZia

Welcome to the Community @pleblanc19,

You've definitely come to the right place! Just a couple of questions to get a better picture:

1) When and how did you make the payments?

2) Are both your Rogers accounts currently active?

3) Are you able to view the payments via MyRogers? Does the balance for either of the account reflect the payments?

Typically an online banking payment can take up to 3-5 business days to be posted. If it's past the expected dates I would recommend you to reach out to us and we can take a look into this for you. You can so do by sending a private message to @CommunityHelpsOur private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Additionally, may you please confirm if you can view both the account through MyRogers?

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned above, it can take a few days for any bank payment to be transferred to the payee.  It usually states this when you're making the payment. I know that my bank advises me that it can take a few business days.

If you noticed this "right away" then the required time has not yet passed and with this being the weekend, business days don't start again until Monday.  You may need to contact both the bank and Rogers once the required time has passed.

Chum16
I've been around

Does anybody know if they can transfer the amount to the correct account? I paid an old account by mistake

Good evening @Chum16,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

To put your mind at ease, yes we can absolutely transfer the funds from your old account to the new one. Just reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to help you 🙂!

If you're unfamiliar with how our private message system works, please  check out this blog.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

mijungbang
I've been here awhile

Hi, I have a big problem.

I have three accounts. One is for home internet and the others are canceled accounts.

Recently, I got a payment reminder mail from Rogers and I paid it. Actually, for the first time, I paid wrong on Aug 22nd. The account that is unpaid was ending with 8750, but I made a payment in another account that ends with 7646.  I knew that lately so I send a live chat in rogers. I paid again correctly on Aug 25nd and the employee who helped me to paid correctly said the rogers will refund the money that I paid wrong. That happened last month. I'm checking my bank activities all day, but I never saw the money refund. I sent live chat two times or more, unfortunately, I could not get any solution to them. It is $201.76, it is not small money.  I hope I can get a refund as soon as possible.

Hello @mijungbang,

Welcome to the Community!

You're absolutely right, the amount definitely isn't small and I would be worried about the refund too if I were you. The refund times can vary depending on the method of payment. 

You can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to check the refund status for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? Click here to learn more :).

RogersZia

Violett
I've been here awhile
I made a payment from bank to a closed Roger's account. Roger's told me they don't show the payment and there is nothing they can do. What does Rogers do if they get money and they don't know where to put it. I ended up paying the bill twice. Rogers rep was very rude. I talked to many reps all week and they said this would be corrected but the last rep said there is nothing to be done.

Good day @Violett,

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention! The payment you made needs to be posted for us to initiate a refund or an investigation of the missaplied funds.

In order for us to provide you with further assistance, we'll need to access to your account. To do so, we'll have to discuss privately to go through the authentication process.

Feel free to send a message to @CommunityHelps, when you have a chance, to allow us the opportunity to take a deeper look into this. To know how to send us a private message, check out this blog

Thank you!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation