cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone disconnected without our knowledge or permission.

HelpUs1
I've been around

Over the weekend, we accidentally unplugged our modem while moving something around. After plugging it back in, our modem suddenly refused to work. (Zero issues before.) We called Rogers technical support and were told that we had a "legacy" modem and had no choice but to migrate to Ignite. This seemed suspicious, but we were beaten down after being three hours on hold, and we arranged for the technician to come. Rogers tried to upsell us on also adding TV and we explicitly said no. We asked if we could get a better deal on our home phone, which we made clear we wanted to keep, and they said not right now but call back in a few weeks and maybe they could help us out. The technician came and installed the new modem. Everything was fine, until we tried to use our home phone. It wasn't working. We called and found out they had DISCONNECTED our home phone without our knowledge or our consent. The number, which is our primary way of communicating with older parents, our children's school, etc., is now unassigned! And even more egregious, they added a TV charge we never asked for, never consented to and in fact had flatly refused to accept. Calls for help have again left us waiting for hours on hold. Another rep has added a detailed note to my file but I am once again waiting hours on hold for anyone with any power to give us our phone number back. This smells a lot like fraud or at least a very dubious sales tactic to me, on top of being frustrating. Has anyone else had Rogers just disconnect their phone without permission? What did you do to fix it?

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Home phone disconnected without our knowledge or permission.

RogersZia

Good evening @HelpUs1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how inconvenient this experience must be for you. Since this happened in the last few days, we should be able to retrieve your home phone number for you.

I hope the issue is resolved since you last posted here. If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you.

RogersZia

Hi RogersZia

I have encountered a similar issue with the original post yesterday . How can we get our original phone number back?

Thanks

Greetings @Emmajenc!

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I know how important a home phone is to our customers that have one.

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see if we can recover your original phone number! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation