cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Pressure Sales at the Door

finescale
I've been around

The Rogers sales guy didn't use the Google door bell. He knocked because I would not have answered the door. I thought it was a neighbour. He launched into a a well rehearsed sales pitch and I had declined numerous times. I told him it was the end of the work day and I was tired and making supper. He didn't let up. He kept making offers and I foolishly accepted. A day later I called Rogers to decline and they too offered more money off. So I said okay.
I was originally with Teksavvy and now would have $20 off my current internet monthly bill. So okay.
 BUT
 Then a a tech guy came to install the internet cable. I even had to provide the corded drill and a 16" masonry bit to bore a hole in the wall. WOW.
 THEN

Rogers proceeded to remove the original contract I was sold and replaced it with one that is now the exact same dollar amount as I had with Teksavvy. Plus the hours on the phone. I now have to find the name of the door to door salesman.
 I don't care about internet speed. What I had before was working fine. The amount of hoops and greasy sales pitched to get my contract is inherently DISHONEST. All of this to end up in the exact same place and now with a two year contract for a price I didn't agree to.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: High Pressure Sales at the Door

RogersCorey

Good morning @finescale!

I am sorry to hear that the original offer that was made was not honoured. I understand that you would not have taken this offer if it did not come with any savings. This is regrettable and we'd like to make it right. 

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you ever feel door to door sales are being rude and not listening to you, remember, it's YOUR house, you can by all means tell them if they are refusing to listen to your responce, you . right have the right to close the door on their face. give them a warning, if they do not respect your decision and try to be pushy you will slam the door on their face.

These days with all the surveillance cameras and door bell cameras in place, people should learn to be respectful otherwise they can have their video and photos plastered all over the internet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@finescale wrote:

...He launched into a a well rehearsed sales pitch and I had declined numerous times.

I have a very simple rule about telemarketers and door-to-door sales. I do not deal with them.

I have a no soliciting sign on my door and if someone ignores it, I simply point to the sign and close the door gently. If they are trying to sell something, it doesn't matter what they are saying at the time.  Very few people ignore the sign.  I also have a "no junk mail" sign on my mailbox - most people obey it.

For telephone calls I have a distinctive ring for all my (home) phone contacts.  If I don't hear that ring, I don't answer the call.  Telemarketers/scammers rarely leave voicemails, while contacts or other people you wish to speak to, usually will, or get in touch in other ways.

If you think for only a second, you will realize that these people only  have their own interests at heart because they are getting a commission or pay.  They do not have your interests at heart, so don't deal with them.

"There ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box". (ML)

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Years ago when I was a bit younger. I wanted some Telecommunications services for my house.  I made the decision to get off my chair and go to the store and order my services. I did this because I wanted the services, no one told me to sign up except myself.  If someone tells you to buy services, and you do not want them, then you absolutely have the right to refuse. But if you want the services, then that is your choice. just make sure you do all the research and homework.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation