cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the account holder name

trodgers
I've been around

Hello,

My Dad recently passed away and my parents Rogers bill is in his name.  My mom is an authorized contact however I don't believe she will be able to make changes to the account unless the account holder name is changed to hers.  I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Rogers support a couple of weeks ago trying to get it fixed however the call was disconnected when the agent transferred me to another department.

What do we need to do to get the account holder name changed to hers?

Thank you.

Tracey

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changing the account holder name

RogersMaude

Good morning @trodgers,

Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your father. My thoughts are with you during these trying times.

When you or your mother contact us with regards to your father's account, we'll need to gather and document the account with the following information:

• Your name and contact information 
  • The name and contact of the legal representative or anyone in an equivalent capacity (if it is not you)
  • Date of death

You do not need to provide a copy of the death certificate. Verbal confirmation is sufficient.

If your mother wants the account under her name she simply needs to call us with 2 pieces of ID and we'll have the ability to change the account's ownership over to her name. However, we cannot perform the transfer of responsibility to your mom's name while on the phone with you.

If an immediate family member wants to take financial responsibility for the account, the balance in full has to be posted before the transfer can be completed. 

If you prefer to terminate the account currently under your father's name, that's also an option. Cancellation of an account for a deceased customer can be requested by anyone that has reached the age of majority.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Changing the account holder name

RogersMaude

Good morning @trodgers,

Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your father. My thoughts are with you during these trying times.

When you or your mother contact us with regards to your father's account, we'll need to gather and document the account with the following information:

• Your name and contact information 
  • The name and contact of the legal representative or anyone in an equivalent capacity (if it is not you)
  • Date of death

You do not need to provide a copy of the death certificate. Verbal confirmation is sufficient.

If your mother wants the account under her name she simply needs to call us with 2 pieces of ID and we'll have the ability to change the account's ownership over to her name. However, we cannot perform the transfer of responsibility to your mom's name while on the phone with you.

If an immediate family member wants to take financial responsibility for the account, the balance in full has to be posted before the transfer can be completed. 

If you prefer to terminate the account currently under your father's name, that's also an option. Cancellation of an account for a deceased customer can be requested by anyone that has reached the age of majority.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation