cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Roam Like Home

dbmurdoch
I've been around

Can anyone help me here?   I am trying to cancel Roam Like Home and can't seem to find a simple way to do that.   My 3 year old just turned on my phone in Mexico and now I fear I will be charged $15.00.   There must be a simple way to prevent that sort of thing from happening and I clearly wish to cancel this feature from my Rogers service.

*Edited Labels*

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Cancel Roam Like Home

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Day @dbmurdoch!

Thanks for contributing to the Community and congrats on your first post! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound in Mexico! 

In order to opt out of our Roam Like Home Program, you would have to contact us to request to do so on our end. Did you happen to have the chance to connect with us prior to your travels? 

For future reference, I did find a super helpful article that will provide you with some information on How to avoid Roaming Charges and some tips and tricks while travelling  HERE

I hope this helps! 

RogersJo

That's the only way? To contact? I thought by simply not activated the Data roaming on the phone (at least for Android) would opted out and would only charge a certain amount per sms or call.. obviously it's not the case since I got charged 15$ each time just ot receive a sms for MFA... anyways in any case, this is ridiculous (not only aiming at Rogers - competitors as well), in U.S. and Mexico they don't charge 15$/day for roaming..

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes its the ONLY Way by contacting them,   receiving the sms message alone is not going to trigger a roam like home, but sending a message  using cellular data or making a call any of those actions will trigger it.

if you do not want that feature why not just remove it long time ago rather than wait till you go on vacation?

Gumbey
I plan to stick around
I called them and the Rogers rep gave me a hard time when I tried to opt out of roam like home. Basically he wouldn’t let me. Rogers should get their act together and allow their customers to turn it on or off like their competitors.

ergafvd
I've been around

it's a scam so that they can automatically charge $15 to anyone abroad who accidentally turns on their phone. 

Johnsonrick487
I've been here awhile
We just spent 2 days trying to opt out of Roam Like Home. Finally spoke with an agent who says he has unenrolled our phones. We then tried to verify this by looking at our accounts. Could not find anything there. Contacted another agent who said there is no way for us to verify our Roam Like Home status. Seems to me, that if I'm the one paying for the service, I should be able to verify that I am unenrolled. Better yet, this service should require positive enrollment.

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
You can always remove your SIM or leave the device in Airplane Mode.

Doesn't answer the question. Should be able to go into your account and cancel

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Should be able to, but unfortunately, you can't.  Same way it's impossible to cancel service online.

Hi @Johnsonrick487,

Welcome to the Community!

It would certainly be handy to know at a glance if you're opted out of a service. I'll be happy to forward your feedback to the right team. I wonder if you received an account change email notifying you of opting out of the Roam Like Home service?

Now that you do not subscribe to Roam Like Home, I would encourage you to view the pay per use rates for any country you would be travelling to outside of Canada. Please visit rogers.com/travel and enter a destination to view your roaming options and pay per use rates. 

FYI if you decide to re-enroll or confirm if you're enrolled in the Roam Like Home service you can do so by texting the work "Travel" to 222. 

RogersZia

Hi. So Got NO confirming email back after asking for a cancel but he assured we are not subscribed. However tecting '222' travel it comes back with WE ARE ENROLLED??? WHAT IS IT???

Hello, @Johnsonrick487.

Thank you for your continued correspondence. We can check the Roam Like Home service enrollment and, if required, unenroll it for you. For further assistance, kindly direct a private message to @CommunityHelps. Additional information regarding our private messaging system can be found in our blog

Regards,

RogersMoin

I feel your pain! The ONLY way to opt out of roam like home is to call Rogers and have the agent remove it.  There is no verification email, text or any indication given by them except an agent telling you the service has been removed.  The website is TOTALLY misleading when they instruct the user to text to 222 and the word travel to INQUIRE IF they are enrolled or NOT.  One would expect a message of YES you are enrolled or NO you are not and will be charged regular roaming charges. But this is NOT correct.  In fact there is only ever one message because texting to 222 with the word travel actually reinstates you into the service!  That’s why you are going round in circles. Not at all what the website and  other information says should happen. Agreed that this ‘service’ is not managed properly by Rogers at all and seems like an afterthought. We must trust that the agent did remove the service! Hope this helps

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 12 in conversation